profile image
Bannersb22
Tattoos
profile image
NewHopefulFlyer
Originally posted by @sjenkins
Hello everyone I have two large tattoos on my wrists but long sleeve shirts will cover them will I have to take my shirt off for the assessment day?
I also have a large one on my thigh but I can cover that one with make up because of the new rules I'm assuming it's fine ?

Hey, you'll be asked to admit to all tattoos and will circle them on a silloquet on the day. Then for the height and reach check they'll also ask to take a look at your wrist tattoos and may inform you that it'll need covering up and you'll always have to wear long sleeves no matter the weather. It's best to cover it up with a long sleeve shirt so they can see how well you can cover it up. My advice would be: don't get offended or irritated when they ask about it, a couple of people did this and it doesn't give a good first impression :)
profile image
vharris10
Can I ask what stage make up you used?
I have a small tattoo on the back of my forearm that I was going to try to cover up for my AD. It's only a couple of small lines and no way visible through a white long sleeved shirt. In fact you hardly notice it in short sleeves, but I'm so worried I'll get sent home for it.
It should cover up easily and i'm in two minds whether I admit it and show that it covers up easily and can't be seen or just cover it up and keep quiet??
profile image
NewHopefulFlyer
It's better to admit to it (starting off on the right note) and as long as they can see that a long sleeve can cover it up then you're fine. You'll just be asked to always wear long sleeves on duty even in the summer. Someone nicer would say yes to make up although it's not accepted in their uniform policy. But not to worry I was with people that had tattoos on their wrists and they didn't get sent home!
profile image
lisiloo
I had my AD yesterday and just wanted to post for those who want to apply/have assessments but are worried about their tattoos.

You have to fill in a sheet which has a body outline on them, where you mark where your tattoos are. Once you go in for your height/reach etc someone will go through that sheet with you and may ask to see some of the tattoos. I have a visible one on my wrist and was told I'd need to cover it and wasn't sent away and I informed the lady that I was having laser treatment at the moment.
profile image
TangoFlyer
Thank you for sharing, very helpful.
profile image
TangoFlyer
Thank you for sharing, very helpful
profile image
Joellewonderland
If your tattoo is not completely gone by the time you get in you can always use the Dermacol foundation to cover it, it works great and is waterproof! Good luck to you and thanks for the info!
profile image
lisiloo
Originally posted by @tango797
Thank you for sharing, very helpful

You're very welcome :)
profile image
lisiloo
I thought about that too Joelle, at least it's covered completely then :)
profile image
Shaunieww
Hi everyone,
I have a BA assessment day coming up, and I’m ready so many things about tattoos, and BA’s policy. Has the policy been relaxed slightly? I have tattoos on my arm and wrist, and I’m currently crew for another airline with the policy that my tattoo must not be visible and as a result I have to wear a long sleeved shirt. Will this be the same for BA or is it definitely a NO NO for tattoos on arm? I have seen BA a few with tattoos on arms when I’ve flown as a passenger. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Other discussions going on within British Airways

Uniform
69  113.93k 8 months ago
69 113.93k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
British Airways - Training Dat... I received confirmation on 17th February that I ha...
0  1.32k -
0 1.32k -
General Info and questions abo...
3.12k  1k 4 years ago
3.12k 1k 4 years ago by Flying_Nurse
Accomodation, Specific to BA
1.35k  388.62k 2 years ago
1.35k 388.62k 2 years ago by Dolly1988
Assessments, interviews & star...
11.31k  2k 2 years ago
11.31k 2k 2 years ago by DavyP1972

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.52k 1 year ago
31 372.52k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.81k 8 months ago
266 594.81k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.12k 1 year ago
162 634.12k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.25k 1 year ago
93 408.25k 1 year ago by David_Hume