Tattoos

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Bannersb22    On:  Tue 5th February, 2013 at 17:33
Hails2411
Groupie
United Kingdom
#114  Re: Tattoos  Posted 21/11/2016 at 15:49
Tattoos has always been a hot topic. I've written a whole post about it on my blog that I think you'll find interesting! http://lifeasabutterfly.com/british-airways-cabin-crew-and-tattoos-they-do-not-mix/
         Jump to Top
honur
Groupie
United Kingdom
#115  Re: Tattoos  Posted 23/11/2016 at 17:41
To be honest, it states on the website that if they are reasonably covered and are not visible through uniform, its fine. For example, those who wear long shirts, if you have a small tattoo on your elbow or below (for example), and its not visible through uniform, i dont think there will be a problem. i know so many BA crew who have tattoos and they wear long sleeve shirts etc so yeah... the negativity around tattoos is quite bad at this day and age.
         Jump to Top
honur
Groupie
United Kingdom
#116  Re: Tattoos  Posted 23/11/2016 at 17:43
In reply to post #113...
I love what you say there... and i agree with you. if you have a few small tattoos here and there and your uniform covers it well (be it with long sleeve shirts or waistcoat) should be completely fine!
         Jump to Top
CarrieRose97
#117  Re: Tattoos  Posted 19/12/2016 at 23:02
I went for an AD, they saw my wrist tattoo which is a bird of about 4cm long on my wrist.. didn't get sent away was told to cover it up. I was getting laser removal on it anyway.. Suppose it depends on the tatt and its whereabouts? I wouldnt worry too much
         Jump to Top
user21761
#118  Re: Tattoos  Posted 20/12/2016 at 16:22
In reply to post #117...
BA have recently relaxed the policy on Tattoos, they obviously can't be as strict and as choosey with applicants as they used to be, especially now word has got out how appalling the pay and working condition are at Mixed Fleet. You've only got to look in the media this week to see that.

When Mixed fleet first started any tattoo would not be allowed. This just shows that standard have dropped.

Good luck though to anyone who's applied, It's a great job, but sadly now only one for a year or so until you completely burn out with exhaustion and debt.
         Jump to Top
user95672
#119  Re: Tattoos  Posted 23/01/2017 at 20:49
Im writing this post because when i first joined the company there was not enough information out there about tattoos and i contemplated not turning up to my first days training!

I have two large tattoos on both my feet, as you can imagine these are deemed a big no no. However i refused to let a stupid tattoo put me off doing this job and i just didnt tell anyone, didnt show anyone and i covered them up with stage make up. I got through the whole training course (including the wet drill) and have been flying with BA for over a year now. Lots of crew have tattoos and cover them. A lot of people tried to put me off even starting saying i wouldnt get very far without getting caught and i am so glad i didnt listen to them.

As long as you are sensible and cover them up when they need to be covered you will be fine!!!

HAPPY FLYNG

IMO xx
         Jump to Top
sjenkins
#120  Re: Tattoos  Posted 27/03/2017 at 14:13
Hello everyone I have two large tattoos on my wrists but long sleeve shirts will cover them will I have to take my shirt off for the assessment day?
I also have a large one on my thigh but I can cover that one with make up because of the new rules I'm assuming it's fine ?
         Jump to Top
NewHopefulFlyer
United Kingdom
#121  Re: Tattoos  Posted 27/03/2017 at 20:18
In reply to post #120...

Originally posted by sjenkins

Hello everyone I have two large tattoos on my wrists but long sleeve shirts will cover them will I have to take my shirt off for the assessment day?
I also have a large one on my thigh but I can cover that one with make up because of the new rules I'm assuming it's fine ?

Hey, you'll be asked to admit to all tattoos and will circle them on a silloquet on the day. Then for the height and reach check they'll also ask to take a look at your wrist tattoos and may inform you that it'll need covering up and you'll always have to wear long sleeves no matter the weather. It's best to cover it up with a long sleeve shirt so they can see how well you can cover it up. My advice would be: don't get offended or irritated when they ask about it, a couple of people did this and it doesn't give a good first impression :)
Online Application - 28th December 2016
Assessment Invite - 29th December 2016
Attended Assessment - 21st February 2017 at 12pm
Conditional Offer Received - 24th February 2017
Referencing Started - 10th March 2017
Stage 1 Complete - 19th July 2017
         Jump to Top
treelady
#122  Re: Tattoos  Posted 21/04/2017 at 23:09
In reply to post #119...
Can I ask what stage make up you used?
I have a small tattoo on the back of my forearm that I was going to try to cover up for my AD. It's only a couple of small lines and no way visible through a white long sleeved shirt. In fact you hardly notice it in short sleeves, but I'm so worried I'll get sent home for it.
It should cover up easily and i'm in two minds whether I admit it and show that it covers up easily and can't be seen or just cover it up and keep quiet??
         Jump to Top
NewHopefulFlyer
United Kingdom
#123  Re: Tattoos  Posted 22/04/2017 at 01:08
In reply to post #122...
It's better to admit to it (starting off on the right note) and as long as they can see that a long sleeve can cover it up then you're fine. You'll just be asked to always wear long sleeves on duty even in the summer. Someone nicer would say yes to make up although it's not accepted in their uniform policy. But not to worry I was with people that had tattoos on their wrists and they didn't get sent home!
Online Application - 28th December 2016
Assessment Invite - 29th December 2016
Attended Assessment - 21st February 2017 at 12pm
Conditional Offer Received - 24th February 2017
Referencing Started - 10th March 2017
Stage 1 Complete - 19th July 2017
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >