- Norwegian Long Haul AD

Tattoos

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Bannersb22    On:  Tue 5th February, 2013 at 17:33
Bannersb22
United Kingdom
#1  Tattoos  Posted 05/02/2013 at 17:33
So today got an automated email through about tattoos and earrings....
Having read through previous posts on here about tattoos BA seemed to be ok with them as long as they're covered by a plaster etc
However, after reading the email I called up and they said plasters etc are defo not allowed and pretty much not to attend the assessment day if you have visible tattoos.
Now I have a difficult decision to make as to whether to get them removed (it seems silly as I may not even get the job) but I really want this!
What I'm getting at is, has anyone else had issues with their tattoos?
         Jump to Top
MaddieMoos94
United Kingdom
#2  Re: Tattoos  Posted 05/02/2013 at 18:36
In reply to post #1...
I had my AD today and saw a couple of people get sent home for thier visible tattoos, so they do take them seriously, luckily mine isnt visible!

xo
         Jump to Top
hostie26
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Tattoos  Posted 05/02/2013 at 19:52
In reply to post #2...
I had an ad last month but was sent home at the very start cos of my tattoo on my wrist,iv started getting mine removed tho and they let me rebook my ad,im just hoping it will have faded enough by then!im guessing tho if they can see that its being removed and should only take one more session then they'll let me do the ad!
You will never cross the ocean if you don't have the courage to lose sight of the shore
         Jump to Top
GTCabinCrew
Spain
#4  Re: Tattoos  Posted 05/02/2013 at 21:42
In reply to post #1...
I've been to the AD on the 17th of Jan and also got the automated msg. I do have a tattoo on my upper arm, and they did examine it to verify it could be covered by a t shirt. I was told they are very strict about them. Depending where yours is...
         Jump to Top
Leggibone
#5  Re: Tattoos  Posted 06/02/2013 at 21:13
I have a star on my wrist, but it's small and my watch covers it, will it be a problem??
         Jump to Top
Bannersb22
United Kingdom
#6  Re: Tattoos  Posted 06/02/2013 at 21:41
In reply to post #5...
When I called up I asked about wearing a watch to cover it (mines a small heart) and they said no. So they're being incredibly strict. Worth giving them a call and see what they say to you!
         Jump to Top
Airhostess22
United Kingdom
#7  Re: Tattoos  Posted 13/02/2013 at 09:30
In reply to post #6...
My friend has her AD in May and has a tattoo that is 1.5cm on her wrist, she called BA and they said that they can't make a judgement unless they see it. On my assessment day people got sent away so I said i would try and find some help on here for her.... HELP!!! xx
         Jump to Top
Leggibone
#8  Re: Tattoos  Posted 13/02/2013 at 10:29
I'd tell her to get something that can cover it, like her watch and when they ask her about it just show them its covered..... But I am no expert I am just waiting for my email to say whether I've got a n AD or not?
         Jump to Top
prism
France
#9  Re: Tattoos  Posted 13/02/2013 at 10:38
In reply to post #7...
[QUOTE=Airhostess22]My friend has her AD in May and has a tattoo that is 1.5cm on her wrist, she called BA and they said that they can't make a judgement unless they see it. On my assessment day people got sent away so I said i would try and find some help on here for her.... HELP!!! xx[/QUOTE]

Personally I would recommend taking a photo of it on your phone and sending it to recruitment who can then make a judgement call.
My posts are my personal views and opinions and are not necessarily those of my employer. My postings are for this forum and should not be copied to other forums without my express permission. Thank you.
         Jump to Top
louised1989
Groupie
United Kingdom
#10  Re: Tattoos  Posted 13/02/2013 at 12:52
i got that email too, and whilst i don't have any tattoos, i do have piercings that i am a little bit concerned about - im probably just being silly!

i've got my ears pierced - in 3 places. the first 2 are in my ear lopes. the bottom set i wear all the time, but the top set have closed up at the back but you can still see the scars at the front if you look closely enough.

i also have the cartiledge pierced at the top, but you can't really see the hole at all.

i had my belly button pierced when i was 14, but it got torn out of me so i have a pretty nasty scar on it now - im assuming this won't be a problem as i don't wear anything in it, and uniform would cover it up.

i'm guessing ear piercings are pretty standard things - ive seen plently of BA crew wearing earrings - so like i said i'm probably just being silly!
         Jump to Top
Next >