Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Do not miss any chance to select
- Is Cured Hepatitis C acceptable in Emirates?
- Come to own the newest shoes
- Assessment Day- 3rd Dec NCL
- GLA BASE
- Temp Contact
- Anyone Applied For South?
- Referencing started
- Aer Lingus Recruitment Dublin Open
- Etihad Manchester Assessment Day 26th November

Talk about yourself?

Author
  Topic Started By:  XFlygirlX    On:  Mon 22nd June, 2009 at 17:57
XFlygirlX
Groupie
United Kingdom
#1  Talk about yourself?  Posted 22/06/2009 at 17:57
I no it is quite commin in interviews to be buddied up with someone and tell them about yourself and then for them to tell the rest of the group about you. I would have no idea what to say, i dont think they would appreciate me saying how much i love to shop haha! what could you say to grab there attention?

flygirl x
         Jump to Top
Hunk1
United Kingdom
#2  Re: Talk about yourself?  Posted 23/06/2009 at 15:15
Airlines interview it's not about grab attention, it's about confidence, how confidence are you talking to stranger. it's like building a rappor with someone. and then talking about that person to the group, just to see how you can talk confidently in fron of people, it's like talking to 200 pax in the plane.
IF you like shop there's nothing wrong in that. everyone have a hobbies. so you should be please of yourself that you have something to share with people. and you open about it.

Well thats what I think.

Jump to Top
littlerstar
Groupie
#3  Re: Talk about yourself?  Posted 23/06/2009 at 15:48
I agree with Hunk1. The purpose of this exercise is more about watching how you interact with other people & how quickly you can settle into a good rapport with a stranger.
Saying you love to shop is a perfectly good place to start, so don't worry! It's not about being the person with the most interesting thing to say, you will gain the assessors attention more by the way you conduct yourself & how you react to others etc. Remember to just be yourself & don't change your personality to what you think they are looking for, because they want to see the real you!
Good Luck  Star

Jump to Top
B Aspinal
#4  Re: Talk about yourself?  Posted 16/08/2009 at 00:06
In the cabin crew training guide I bought it has given me not just the questions but the answers and what the interviewers expect you to say it is great.
I had no I dea about interviews until I read this guide and I practised with it before the interview and I went so well prepared it is great.

I got the job thanks to the guide if you want to buy it you can at www.vivaaviation.com
         Jump to Top
indeo
Groupie
#5  Re: Talk about yourself?  Posted 16/08/2009 at 19:48

Waste of money. Everything you need to know before the interview can be found on forums like this one and pprune and by speaking to people who were successful.

For free.

Jump to Top
missldr
United Kingdom
#6  Re: Talk about yourself?  Posted 16/08/2009 at 21:03
I think it comes across much better if you are honest and yourself, if you sit there giving the same generic answers the interviewers will see right through you! 
         Jump to Top
Venus19
United Kingdom
#7  Re: Talk about yourself?  Posted 17/08/2009 at 10:15

I agree. One won't have customer service experience by reading books. It may give some helpful advice, but you can get that here on this website too.

Jump to Top