Latest Posts
- EASA cabin crew attestation
- Start Dates
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- January start date
- Double room wanted lhr
- Aer Lingus Recruitment October 2017
- Manchester Base 2018
- Assessment day questions (5th December 2017)
- Video Interview
- Heathrow rooms available near BA waterside

Successful at Oman air's AD, Now What?

Author
  Topic Started By:  carlafly32    On:  Fri 10th November, 2017 at 20:04
carlafly32
Greece
#1  successful at Oman air AD...NOW WHAT?  Posted 10/11/2017 at 20:04
Hi everyone!
I have been successful at the Oman's air assessment in Milan a couple of days ago, honestly, it was surprising to me when they told me that I had passed the interview!
I explain my situation: I have a permanent contract and I am purser for a low-cost airline that operates in my country, I am actually ok here, the only thing we just perform turnaround flights, no overnights or anything. Joining Oman air would mean traveling the world and also saving money....but also leaving behind my country and family and losing my pension scheme and labor rights I have here. What would you do in my place? I repeat I am fine where I am. but I also want to see the world, see exotic places.....I appreciate your thoughts!

xx

C.
Edited 10/11/2017 @ 20:18 Revision #1
http://getyourwingsnow.blogspot.com
         Jump to Top
QR_Candidate
Fiji
#2  Re: successful at Oman air AD...NOW WHAT?  Posted 11/11/2017 at 00:03
In reply to post #1...
Hi and congratulations.

If you are fine there and happy with your job just stay in it. Oman Air does not operate as much “exotic” destinations as Qatar or Emirates. If you want to literally travel the world you would have better chances and happiness working for Emirates, Qatar or Etihad. But if you aim is to save more money then Oman Air is also a good place to do so. Just keep in mind that life in Oman is not like life in the UAE or even Qatar. Be ready to adapt a lot, and Oman isn’t realy an exciting place to permanently live in. There is nothing much to do there.
•~•{Ex Air Canada, Emirates and Etihad CC/FA}•~•
•~•[Currently a Qatar Airways Applicant]•~•
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#3  Re: successful at Oman air AD...NOW WHAT?  Posted 11/11/2017 at 08:48
In reply to post #1...
It's a difficult decision and only one that you can make! If you are happy where you are, stick with it and keep trying with other airlines that will allow you the opportunity to travel more. If you feel ready for a fresh start and new challenges, it is worth considering Oman Air. Read up on the lifestyle for expats in Oman and see if you think you would like it... research Oman Air website and on here for Oman Air crew, find out what destinations they have as layovers, if you think you would fit in with their crew etc. Best thing is to find out as much as you can and then make an informed decision. Also, at the start you will be working as junior crew again and it make take time to gain a purser role again - how would you feel about that? I am slightly puzzled - if you are happy where you are why are you applying for other airlines and then are not sure if to make the move? Is there another consideration to take into account or is it just the wish to travel further afield? Also, if you plan to work in the Middle East in the future, you will still have to give up your family time, labour rights and move to another country etc. so maybe have a good think about that and work out what you really want to do. Good luck with your decision!
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
user97986
#4  Re: successful at Oman air AD...NOW WHAT?  Posted 15/11/2017 at 10:39
In reply to post #1...
Hi Everyone,

If you selected from Oman Air better you should get that opportunity dear.You can travel more than 60 cities and 30 Countries.If you don't like the company, after two years you can apply another Airline(Qatar or Emirates).

Good luck!
         Jump to Top