- Double room - Heathrow

staff travel

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  doginthepond    On:  Mon 30th July, 2012 at 07:29
doginthepond
#1  staff travel  Posted 30/07/2012 at 07:29
hiya

I'm bmi and havent yet done my BA course.

we only have limited access to the BA intranet infact it only allows us to book staff travel. We are off to BKK this week. Trying to work out when to fly home. We are listed for WT but staff in front us are listed as J cabin... Can anyone tell me which what cabin is J... are they likely to get club or WTP? It will make a difference to which flight we catch home.

thank you
         Jump to Top
Baby Jack
United Kingdom
#2  Re: staff travel  Posted 30/07/2012 at 08:39
In reply to post #1...

Originally posted by doginthepond

hiya

I'm bmi and havent yet done my BA course.

we only have limited access to the BA intranet infact it only allows us to book staff travel. We are off to BKK this week. Trying to work out when to fly home. We are listed for WT but staff in front us are listed as J cabin... Can anyone tell me which what cabin is J... are they likely to get club or WTP? It will make a difference to which flight we catch home.

thank you

Welcome first of all doginthepond

And welcome to the world of staff travel LOL

The codes :

F = First class entitlement ( not guaranteed only if available )
J = Club class / Club Europe entitlement ( not guaranteed only if available )
W = World Traveller plus entitlement ( not guaranteed only if available )
M = World traveller / Euro traveller entitlement ( not guaranteed only if available )

Once you have done 5 years you have 1 'J' entitlement ticket
When you reach 20 years you have 2 'J' entitlement tickets

Regular use of staff travel for BA staff outside of the 'J' entitlements is in economy. and uses the 54A/M48 coding.

I am assuming this is the coding you are travelling on.

the first numbers ie 54 decide the order of you being onloaded to the flight. The lower the number the better. The 'A' says that you are a serving employee and you and those travelling with you will have the 'A'. If however it is say your parents/partner travelling without you then that becomes a 'B'. 'A's have priority onload over 'B's, C's and D's.You then have the /

You then see M or F or J and this is your class of travel booked as per your entitlement. The number then eg 48 decides your priority in getting seats in the cabin of your entitlement.

Duty Travel eg when positioning is always booked in 'F' for Pilots and CSDs and booked in 'J' for all other crew.

The listing you will see on the staff travel page for your flight will show the order of onload and will be done by 'closeouts' at the respective station. Any further upgrading is now very unlikely due to new directions and will be for commercial reasons as any upgrades made by the Captain/First Officer or CSD have to be recorded on the iPad.
Edited 30/07/2012 @ 08:40 Revision #1
"The postings on this site are my own and not my employers position and opinions. I am giving my own time to try and give support to our new entrants, would be recruits and help move things forward"
         Jump to Top
Little minx
#3  Re: staff travel  Posted 30/07/2012 at 10:18
In reply to post #2...
Just to add to that, staff can pay 3x ordinary standby for premium standby and this gives higher onload priority but costs a lot and if enough space you get Club.

It is very difficult telling exactly from the seat available figures we are given on the staff travel site, if there is space.

Sometimes the availability for WT shows seats still available to sell but BA are using the availability of WT+ Club and First in this figure. About 48 hours out the figures all shift.

The people with J priority will be included in the figures if they are showing Firm, if they are showing as wait listed they are just like you on standby but with a higher priority. The list goes down in order of priority. If there is no list showing it is because you are the only BA staff standing by.
         Jump to Top
doginthepond
#4  Re: staff travel  Posted 30/07/2012 at 12:25
In reply to post #3...
Thank you so much for your help. We've been told nothing about staff travel and It appears abit of a mind field.

We are going down to Koh samui and have to get a confirmed ticket to/from BKK. We are listed for a flight which is wide open but thinking on staying 2 more days if we can.

The flight we are thinking at trying to get is on a Monday morning is showing 12/31/23/18 spare seats with 23 standbys ahead of us all listed for J. so with over 2weeks to go. Unless the loads go up dramatically we should get on, shouldn't we? Or are we better off to wait.
         Jump to Top
Little minx
#5  Re: staff travel  Posted 30/07/2012 at 13:07
In reply to post #4...
Well looking at the figures it looks ok but as I said, BA are overbooking WT a lot and sometimes the seat availability figure in WT is not always accurate as it sometimes is showing availability only because they are going to be upgrading to fill the other cabins. However this looks ok.

This is the best time to travel to BKK as it is not their high season and also winter in Aussie.

You can alter your flight to another day by using the change booking option.

If you go on the main staff travel site there are hundreds of frequently asked questions on there and if you enter a few questions into the search a lot of helpful answers come up.
         Jump to Top
doginthepond
#6  Re: staff travel  Posted 30/07/2012 at 13:52
In reply to post #5...
sadly the FAQ doesn't work for us yet as we havent done our ba course.

thanks for the help.

guess we need to just keep an eye on it.
         Jump to Top
Little minx
#7  Re: staff travel  Posted 30/07/2012 at 14:16
In reply to post #6...
Ok, any questions you have I or someone else will, I am sure, happily answer for you.
         Jump to Top
doginthepond
#8  Re: staff travel  Posted 03/08/2012 at 11:25
In reply to post #7...
Does anyone have access to the accurate booking figures... as Little Minx says it appears the figures swing dramatically last few days...

If we get on the BKK tonight... we are wondering when to come home to add to this we need to book a confirmed flight from Koh samui as well.

Looking at coming home on the 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th Aug,

thanks everyone.. (really struggling as first time using my ba concessions).
         Jump to Top
Little minx
#9  Re: staff travel  Posted 03/08/2012 at 12:24
In reply to post #8...
Ok here goes.

Tonight the seats showing available are
F. 9
C. 2
WT+ 5
WT 6

There are 30 saff listed but most are confirmed so showing in these figure now.
Eleven on standby and therefore not included, so you should be OK.

On you returns lflights on:-

13/08
F. 11
C. 38
WT+ 50
WT 50 +
30 on standby none confirmed yet.

14/08
F. 12
C.41
WT+ 32
WT 30
14 on standby none confirmed yet.

15/08

F. 12
C. 28
WT+ 22
WT 23
27 on standby none confirmed yet.

16/08

F.13
C.31
WT+ 20
WT 20
18 on standby, none confirmed yet.

So all thoes return flights look wide open.
         Jump to Top
doginthepond
#10  Re: staff travel  Posted 07/08/2012 at 08:41
In reply to post #9...
sorry to keep bothering you... but now a little worried for the way home.

we now have confirmed tickets usm-bkk and we are listed for the 15th...

now showing
M 17, W 15, J 22, F12 seats spare
but with 18 on listed with J seats in front of us...

Do you still think its ok?
         Jump to Top
Next >