Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Emirates OD Report
- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- Buy Quality Novelty Passports,ID cards,visas,ETC..
- British Airways Assessment Days!
- Hamburg Base
- Who has Emirates FI in February?
- FI in April EMIRATES
- Flybe Training
- SINGLE/DOUBLE room to rent near Heathrow
- Emirartes Airline Recruitment 2014

Staff Travel Discounts

Author
  Topic Started By:  DreamMachine    On:  Wed 16th April, 2008 at 15:09
DreamMachine
United Kingdom
#1  Staff Travel Discounts  Posted 16/04/2008 at 15:09
Guys ... for the life of me i cant find the answer to this though im sure the bush has been beaten many times ( oo er )

How does the staff travel discount work ? Right now i seem to making a lot of friends from people thinking I can get them cheap flights ! so whats the story ? I understand I can get 90% discount off my fare and a nominated boyf, then what ? friends and family ?

pls help !
         Jump to Top
sophiebrighton
United Kingdom
#2  Re: Staff Travel Discounts  Posted 16/04/2008 at 15:11
i didnt think you could get it for boyfs?
         Jump to Top
DreamMachine
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Staff Travel Discounts  Posted 16/04/2008 at 15:37
well they said so in my presentation ! well they said 'partner'
         Jump to Top
Addy
United Kingdom
#4  Re: Staff Travel Discounts  Posted 16/04/2008 at 16:59
I'm pretty sure it's all explain fully once you start. Although, I think you have to prove that you and your partner live at the same address.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect!
         Jump to Top
soulboy
#5  Re: Staff Travel Discounts  Posted 16/04/2008 at 19:45

You can get ID90s(90% off) for yourself and a partner, you have to prove you live together. If you do live together then they can travel independantly from you, if you don't then they must be put down as a travel companion and they have to travel with you. If you don't have a partner then you can nominate one friend as a travel companion. Or you can put down 3 family members, mum, dad and sister etc...... You get these after 6 months service.

ID90s are standby tickets so aren't great, especially over school holidays as it goes on seniority. I have been with BA 4 years and only used staff travel twice as it can be a real pain in the bum. If you don't mind where you go and what time you leave you maybe lucky and get on a flight, but if you need to be back at a certain time then you usually have to buy 'back up' tickets on other airlines to make sure you get home.

You can get discounted fares for friends and family, these are called Hotline tickets, they are discounted tickets, but usually only have a few quid off. Usually if you shop about on the net you can find them cheaper anyway.
Edited 26/04/2008 @ 13:12 Revision #1
         Jump to Top