profile image
user16937
Shocking
profile image
user16937
hello i attend open day few days ago i have noticed a shocking behavior. very shocking!!
Male candidate started flirtatious remarks and the recruiter was enjoying it. it was shocking and unprofessional behavior from both parties. for more shock the guy made it to final interview and he joked with everyone about his flirtatious behavior and how happy he is he tricked the recruiter.
As a female i find it derogatory and insulting why would a recruiter accept someone so cheap ? anything you have to say? i have just started attending aviation recruitment is this normal for this industry? i clearly don't want to be surrounded by such cheap men. shocking!
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
I guess this could happen in any industry...it is unusual though as most candidates are not that confident and recruiters can be pretty scary! It is unprofessional on both sides, but I can imagine the person involved may not get through their training, if they make it to the final stages even.
I have noticed over many years in this business that it is the ones who work hard to get through assessment days often doing 5 or 6 or more are the ones that get most out of the job and some stay in the industry for many years. It is the often the ones who get through first time without effort, that really don't understand the job (they think its all glamorous and just being a waiter/waitress) and will be lucky if they stay in the job 6 months... Stay positive and keep at it!

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.22k 2 years ago
4 2.22k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.56k 1 year ago
8 7.56k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.24k 1 year ago
93 408.24k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.11k 1 year ago
162 634.11k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.68k 2 years ago
27 193.68k 2 years ago by juankax
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.39k 4 years ago
10 67.39k 4 years ago by user16937
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.8k 8 months ago
266 594.8k 8 months ago by KL17