- Large Double Room - 30mins to Gatwick
- Any new applicants who are parents?

Ryanair/Crewlink Recruitment Day

Author
  Topic Started By:  LewisJS    On:  Thu 11th July, 2019 at 18:41
LewisJS
#2  Ryanair/Crewlink Recruitment Day  Posted 11/07/2019 at 18:41
Hello!

I have been invited to attend a recruitment day in London on the 6th September 2019. I am 26 years old and this is a complete career overhaul as I have previously worked in healthcare and wanted a change. Cabin crew has always been that niggling career I’ve thought about in the back of my head.

I have spoken to some people have have worked with Ryanair via Crewlink and I’ve heard not so good feedback. I’ve been told the training itself is really worth it, but once employed their wage wasn’t what was expected. This makes it difficult for me as I live up North so I would need to find accommodation at whichever base I am allocated.

Could I please have some feedback from those who have gone through the Crewlink process of recruitment, assessment etc. Be as truthful as possible, the good, the bad and the ugly. Many other airlines are not recruiting at the moment so I felt this was a perfect opportunity to gain experience.

Thanks
Lewis
         Jump to Top
jknox
#3  Re: Ryanair/Crewlink Recruitment Day  Posted 12/07/2019 at 14:59
I'm going to get straight to it here:

If I were you, I would wait until October/November and join a decent airline when recruitment starts for the Summer, instead of just jumping straight into Ryanair because they are the only ones recruiting.

Yes, training is of a high standard but it costs £2500 and it's in an old military hangar in Germany, not the nicest place.
You are employed under a contractor, Crewlink, who can terminate your employment for something as small as not selling enough on board.
All flights have targets to be met, if you don't meet the sales targets, you get called for a meeting.

If you leave before you've served 2 (Maybe 3?) years, then you have to pay.
You are stuck in a base where Ryanair need you, I see you are from the North, your preferences may be Leeds, Manchester or Stansted, and they will stick you in Poznan, Poland if they want, or worse, somewhere expensive like Pisa in Tuscany.

The pay is poor, you are not paid until the aircraft is airborne, there is no basic wage, just flight pay and commission.

Yes, you will meet some wonderful people and potentially have a few nice days but I would suggest waiting until somebody like Thomas Cook or Jet2 open recruitment in Winter this year.

There is also a stigma attached to working for Ryanair, having worked in recruitment teams for various airlines in my time, I can tell you first hand that while working for Ryanair may gain experience on your CV, the stigma attached to working there will not do you any favours in interviews or assessment days.

If you want any advise or have any q's then my PMs are always open.
         Jump to Top
LilyCabinCrew
#4  Re: Ryanair/Crewlink Recruitment Day  Posted 12/07/2019 at 22:36
In reply to post #3...
Hello,

Actually, the course is now free. They also pay you a 28 euros daily per diem during training (but you are responsible for your expenses, like accomodation).

Hahn (Germany) is not the only location where they offer training. I, for example, received the opportunity to apply for the training in Porto or Lisbon (Portugal) as well.

About the basic wage, I have heard that it depends on what base they send you to. Some bases do offer basic wage.
You have to be ready to go to wherever they decide to send you, though. You don't get to choose your base.

The company is indeed very criticized, but I think it is a good opportunity to gain experience for those (like me) who are just getting started.
         Jump to Top
CABINCREWES
Spain
#5  Re: Ryanair/Crewlink Recruitment Day  Posted 14/07/2019 at 14:44
In reply to post #2...
As said above Ryanair’s course is now free and not only in Hahn.

About the bases let me tell you something you’ll no longer have to worry about being based in Poland because that’s Ryanair Sun’s territory so it’s completely different they can send you to Portugal,Italy,Greece (it’s really unusual to have your first base there), Spain (now they are sending lots of Training Courses to bases like PMI,BCN or MAD but if your first base is in Spain you’ll just have a 9 months contract and after that you’ll have to go to another base like DUB or STN where they need a lot of crew), Germany, Ireland, UK, Sweden or Lithuania.

About the pay yes now everyone gets a basic salary plus flying hours and sales commisions (In Spain for JU is around 1200-1400€, DUB 1500-2200€, STN 900-1200£, SXF 1400-1800€...So the pay is not that bad)

The good thing about Ryr is the fast promotion in bases like STN,DUB or in Germany you could have your Ryr contract after just a year and the pay is really good actually in most of the bases. Another great thing about RYR is the colleagues you’ll have so much fun working!

You shouldn’t worry about the interview it’s really easy just show that you are willing to relocate and that you want to work that’s it.

So now you can judge whether Ryanair is a good airline for you or not for me personally is not as bad as people tend to say but I guess everyone has its own experience
         Jump to Top
LewisJS
#6  Re: Ryanair/Crewlink Recruitment Day  Posted 16/07/2019 at 13:53
Thank you - the latter two responses have reassured me a lot! I just think personally I could have difficulty getting into other airlines since I have no sales experience, or experience in the travel industry. I have only ever worked in social care.

Would either of you be willing to answer any other questions I have, or just have a chat about your experiences? If so, add me on insta ‘thelewisJ’

Thanks again!
         Jump to Top