- EasyJet training
- LGW: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses

Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  elpeerica    On:  Mon 14th September, 2015 at 22:27
SandyPP
#331  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 13/06/2019 at 16:32
Hello Guys I resigned from QR in September 2017 because of a master program I decided to attend in my country for enriching my studies .I stayed for 1 year and 3 months with the company. I am already now 34 years old and i want to rejoin asap. By resigning i got the right however to rejoin! My last week got a warning for being late for flights and not following some procedure. Actually that was the reason i was quite sure that rejoining application is going to be rejected.... So..... I reapplied after one year and a half to rejoin and after long of waiting i contacted welfare to ask what is going on and why i didn't get any result and in a few days i received regret email... . I feel so disapointed really... I don't know which are the chances now.. Maybe zero. I reapplied now from an another email and that is my last attempt of course since i consider that if you get one time regret email ,is for a reason, this is not going to change unless you have someone to the office to talk about you.. Anyway lets keep positive.. Now i have almost finished with my studies and want to go back. Please let me know guys in case you have any different opinion about regret emails to rejoiners and whether threre is a chance to get it second time. As i know the duration of warning letter is 6 months and also since the first rejoing application i was waiting six months to reapply... Thank you gyus for reading my story wish you all the best to everyone. Also want to say that finally this job is very different from any other in this planet and once you do it you don't change it for anything...
         Jump to Top
Mist
#332  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 14/06/2019 at 16:44
In reply to post #331...

Originally posted by SandyPP

Hello Guys. I resigned from QR in September 2017 because of a master program I decided to attend in my country for enriching my studies .I stayed for 1 year and 3 months with the company. I am already now 34 years old and i want to rejoin asap. By resigning i got the right however to rejoin! My last week got a warning for being late for flights and not following some procedure. Actually that was the reason i was quite sure that rejoining application is going to be rejected. So..... I reapplied after one year and a half to rejoin and after long of waiting i contacted welfare to ask what is going on and why i didn't get any result and in a few days i received regret email. I feel so disappointed really... I don't know which are the chances now.. Maybe zero. I reapplied now from an another email and that is my last attempt of course since i consider that if you get one time regret email ,is for a reason, this is not going to change unless you have someone to the office to talk about you.. Anyway lets keep positive.. Now i have almost finished with my studies and want to go back. Please let me know guys in case you have any different opinion about regret emails to rejoiners and whether there is a chance to get it second time. As i know the duration of warning letter is 6 months and also since the first rejoing application i was waiting six months to reapply... Thank you guys for reading my story wish you all the best to everyone. Also want to say that finally this job is very different from any other in this planet and once you do it you don't change it for anything..

I also worked for Qatar Airways same duration as you (1 Year 3 Month), and I choose to resign as I couldn't manage the work pressure very well, and some other issues. I never had warning letters, except for a couple of groundings due to grooming issues (never got offloaded), and reported sick 4 times. I had few Kafous and did my assessments well. At the time of my resignation, I have given them a standard notice period, and I also mentioned in the resignation paper all my issues, and that I will rejoin the company as soon as possible, when all my problems are sorted. I spoke with my PM, he has told me, you will be accepted as a rejoiner as long as your performance is good.
         Jump to Top
urke
#333  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 14/06/2019 at 16:54
In reply to post #331...
Hi Sandy,

Unfortunately the chances for rejoiners are not great, i would say our selection criteria is much more strict than for the freshers. And the waiting is very long, it's been half a year for me till now.

Do try to apply again, but i would say try to get over the fact that probably you will never work with Qatar Airways again..

I am not saying this to be mean to you, it's just so you can move on and find some other options for you, maybe another airlline... Otherwise you risk another lengthy wait and a possible disappointment.
Time is precious so try to use it to look for something else while you wait..

Btw, i know how you feel..
         Jump to Top
Shen0194
Jamaica
#334  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 17/06/2019 at 10:02
In reply to post #308...

Originally posted by divya23

Hi everyone ;) i worked in QR for more than two years with such a clean record,had so many kafous and appreciation letters,but after completing two years i took emergency sickleave where I really had to due to my spinal problem,and after that I had to resign.
I applied in the rejoining page but got a regret mail,I contacted welfare they said try after six months from your last date of application,waiting for end of march so I can reapply again,any hint guys if they will select me the second time I apply.
missing flying a lot :(

You will only know when you try! Do they know about your spinal problem? If so, I can see why recruitment might see you as somewhat of a risk considering lifting is a part of the job. The strain is hard on a healthy spine much less a fragile one. I say that not to discourage you but to say that the solution might be to get a letter from your doctor saying you are fine to lift heavy weights so you have grounds to say that in your application. That way you can get ahead of their concern.

With all of that said, you do have other options. I would hate to see someone lose the opportunity to fulfil their passion.

You can:
1. Try a different airline. If the concern is that the open days don’t happen in your city then save up to self-relocate if you have to. Don’t just rely on open days in your city.
2. Is it the flying you miss or the travelling? If it’s the travelling, have you also considered working on a luxury cruise ship?

A quick search of the best cruise lines brought up these companies:
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Crystal Cruises
- Oceania Cruises
- Viking Ocean Cruises
- Seabourn Cruises
- Silversea Cruises
- SeaDream Yacht Club

Sometimes you have to create your own opportunities! I hope this helps you in some way!
QR Trainee 😸
         Jump to Top
Elizabeth2206
#335  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 17/06/2019 at 18:55
Hi guys, I know it’s not exactly the right topic area for my question but I was wondering if any of you had any information about Qatar Executive? I’m just struggling to find any info - is it completely separate to Qatar Airways? Any insight into the conditions, salary, roster (is it rotations weeks on/off?) etc would be so greatly appreciated. I’ll be coming from an Emirates background so wondered how it weighs up in comparison!

Thank you so much and good luck with rejoining :)

X
         Jump to Top
Milan127
#336  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 19/06/2019 at 09:29
Hey Guys I am trying to rejoin, But this error appears. I even contacted welfare and my PM. They don't even reply properly. Do you guys know how to fix this?

it says like this : "Your application for this vacancy is being considered. In order to ensure fairness in your application you are now unable to update your details"

I don't know how to upload an screenshot of the image in here. Sorry
         Jump to Top
Mist
#337  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 19/06/2019 at 10:18
In reply to post #336...
Hi Dear,

if you're unable to re-open and update, withdraw the application, and submit a new one.

Good Luck!
         Jump to Top
Milan127
#338  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 20/06/2019 at 10:54
In reply to post #337...
I did try that too. It says "You do not have any active applications to withdraw"
I don't know what's wrong with this
         Jump to Top
neronemesis
Groupie
#339  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 11/07/2019 at 00:37
I've tried rejoining about 15 times with various email addresses but have always been unsuccessful.

Does anyone have any idea how long QR maintains the records? I was only there for 2 months, left in November 2016 due to grooming issues.

I'd like to know if i can apply as a new candidate and possibly get away with it and get a chance to join and start afresh?
         Jump to Top
Mist
#340  Re: Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew  Posted 27/07/2019 at 10:20
In reply to post #312...

Originally posted by SandraQr

Hello everyone!

The recruitment procedure is changing a lot, especially for the ex -crew.
I used to work for at as a cabin crew for 2 years and 4 months and after I returned home, I resigned.
I applied on 04.01.19 at the event QR4263 Rejoining QR ex cabin crew and went through these phases:
- on 30.01 my status changed from new to under review and I was asked to offer them 21 more days in order to process my application
- on 19.02 I was asked to submit new pictures full body and passport size, BMI certificate from doctor, copy of passport and QR initial Resident Permit and a 6 page form
- on 14.03 I received an invitation to make an account on Sonru Platform and host an online video interview. Basically I was talking in front of a camera by my self as each question was ritten on the screen according to a timer (30 seconds to read and think and 1 minute to answer). My status changed to self service video.
- on 31.03 (yestarday) I received an e-mail from the recruiter that my stau s changed to Assessment Centre and I have to choose an assessments event from their site ( career page) and confirm my attendance via e-mail as any candidate.
Imagine that, after 3 months of waiting and submitting everything I was asked, and after an video-online interview I have to go to an assessment event just like a new applicant and go through all the phases of a general c.c. recruitment process.
Today I received an e-mail after I called to ask what is happening because I am confused and thought it was an error, that this is the new procedure regarding Rejoining crew. As an ex crew ww shouldn't attend new events as it is written in bold letters on their open day announcements. I'm in shock
.... it makes no sense to me what is happening ?!

Hi Sandra, I want to ask you, how did it go? Did you manage to attend an event? Do we really have to go through all the phases? This is really frustrating for us, rejoiners. Appreciate if you could share some information. Thanks!
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >