profile image
Hopscotch21
Reference stage
profile image
jamesmansell
Qantas want performance based referencing but so many company's will not provide this. Most company's will only provide basic information and this can be an issue when completing this part of the process. I presume we will still have to undergo a 5 year background check to obtain a pass for London Heathrow?
profile image
headintheclouds123
Hello lovely people,

Congratulations on making it this far! Hopefully if all goes well we will all get to meet in ground school soon!

I’ve had the same issue with having have an unobtainable reference.

In the xref system it says all my references completed them but I received an email from Qantas stating I have an unobtainable reference.

I initially submitted 3 people just to be safe. The email doesn’t stipulate which reference it is and according to xref everyone completed theirs. I have emailed Qantas to see if they could provide me with further information. Unfortunately, I’m not too sure if I have the correct emails

I’m stating to worry that this will jeopardize my chances of being successful.

Has anyone else experienced this?
profile image
jamesmansell
Can i ask if there is anyone who is doing the a reference and works for British Airways? If so are you having trouble completing the reference?
profile image
Cal_P
I'm ex BA, I completed the reference & rang BA HR to chase it up and they said it had been completed - I then received an email from Qantas saying that employment verification letters were not accepted so had to call around to request that a reference was completed again.

I contacted my previous IBM & CSM directly asking if they would be willing and it was completed the same day. Do you have your Team Manager / CSM's email or phone number to contact them? BA HR explained afterwards that they will only send a standard employment letter as a response to a reference request - frustrating but understandable given the amount of crew employed.

I received an email yesterday from Qantas asking for a scan of my passport to arrange a CTA. Anyone else in the same boat?
profile image
jamesmansell
Yea I had the CTA email, does that mean the references are complete? Does anyone have any idea what Qantas ask in the reference?
profile image
Susie76
I also hadn’t the CTA email and did XRef etc. On the assesment day(19th June), I’m pretty sure they said training would begin in August... does anyone else recall this? We’re getting pretty close to August!
profile image
FAbulous
They said training would be in Autumn on my day.
profile image
jamesmansell
Has anyone had any recent contact with Qantas UK? The last thing I was sent was about the CTA card.
profile image
FAbulous
Nope nothing as well
profile image
DLD1984
Hello!! Bit late to the game.. but I am currently at BA and have done Xref.. I'm sure you are sorted now but if you need help let me know! Had the email for my passport copy too for the CTA, but haven't heard back from that yet.. Hopefully we'll hear a bit more this week..

Other discussions going on within Qantas UK Forum

How Get Travel Details Qantas...
1  6.11k 4 years ago
1 6.11k 4 years ago by corecovery
Qantas assessment day February
4  6.41k 4 years ago
4 6.41k 4 years ago by PAULINA CZUBIN
Qantas training accommodation...
2  6.79k 1 year ago
2 6.79k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Qantas Training - March 2020
1  5.8k 4 years ago
1 5.8k 4 years ago by jenny873lakdj
Start date 11/04/22 Hey 👋 anyone else due to start this day for busin...
9  2.16k 1 year ago
9 2.16k 1 year ago by Nabena

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.44k 1 year ago
39 427.44k 1 year ago by Aaron
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.98k 8 months ago
266 594.98k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.23k 1 year ago
162 634.23k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.37k 1 year ago
93 408.37k 1 year ago by David_Hume