profile image
heathersoph
Recruiting in 2021...??
profile image
heathersoph
Hi Guys

I currently work as Cabin Crew for a short haul airline in the UK and I know I am very lucky and fortunate to still have my job given the last 18 months and I am very grateful.

It's just that the airline I currently work for, I am really struggling with. Without going into too much detail I really want to leave, but I love the actual job itself so Im really stuck.

I keep thinking of just holding out until other airlines start recruiting, as it will look better if I just stick it out and suck it up. However, every single day I am checking for other airlines vacancies and nothing. I don't know what I expect during a global pandemic but I think I'm waiting on a miracle.

I guess what I really need to know is... DO WE THINK OTHER AIRLINES WILL START RECRUITING SOON? LIKE AT ALL?

Does anybody have any insider secrets to share? Any rumours? Or know any airlines that will start recruiting soon or are currently recruiting that I can't see?

Im thinking TUI, BA, Virgin etc... wishing on a star here!
profile image
claudia_casini
Hi I have been made redundant in 2020 due the pandemic and I lost my flight attendant job. I have seen the company I was working with started to recruit new people also without any experience instead than calling us backs. Since then I did the impossible to find a new airline to work with and it has been quite difficult so far. I found a couple of open applications online for Volotea, Ryanair, Wizzair, Qatar, NorseAtlantic, easyjet and some American Airlines. The most of them are recruiting with a 6 months contract and the others are just not answering to all my applications which I find weird not giving me even a chance, because I have almost 5 years experience as cc. That’s why I preferred to just wait for better times to apply. I don’t really know what to say, all the people I know in aviation are telling me that they are flying so much but every time I traveled in the last couple of months, all the airports I have been to are empty. All the flights are less than half full and all the tickets are quite cheap to buy. I think we have to wait at least 2022 to have a better view on this situation but I personally keep an eye on the news and all the vacancies to be ready to catch every opportunities. I would suggest you to keep your job as more time as you can because despite what it looks like we are still far from recovery.

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

Eurowings Europe
1  3.24k 2 years ago
1 3.24k 2 years ago by FlyEla
UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.54k 1 year ago
2 1.54k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  62 2 months ago
1 62 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.88k 1 year ago
7 3.88k 1 year ago by Richard Costello

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.41k 7 months ago
57 183.41k 7 months ago by annaliona
Cabin Crew Travel Insurance Going The Extra Mile!
3  27.44k 1 year ago
3 27.44k 1 year ago by Tommie Marshall
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.51k 4 months ago
71 986.51k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.29k 1 year ago
113 543.29k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Cabin Crew Advice Here to answer all your questions, everything cabi...
5  2.13k 1 year ago
5 2.13k 1 year ago by anna jackson