profile image
LewisJS
Recent application for VA
profile image
LewisJS
Hello!

I recently applied for VA and it was the position in which no previous experience is required. Having previously worked in healthcare I have never really needed a CV as most jobs are done via the NHS website and such.

I uploaded a CV I made which I think looks professional, but it doesn’t necessarily mention why cabin crew, nor does it link my skills to this new role. I feel I have essentially sabotaged myself and regret rushing because I was so eager to get an application in.

I did explain my skills and qualities within the four questions on the actual application and linked them to the role of cabin crew - will this be enough?

If I get an email stating my application is unsuccessful I guess it’s my own fault. I just hope they see my passion for a new career in the questions I answered.

Thanks
Lewis
profile image
Bumblebee76
On your application you can submit a covering letter with your cv. You can put in there why you want the job plus one of the questions does ask what skills you can bring to the role.

Just go back and add a covering letter. I did that last time I applied, didn’t make it past the final interview, I added my giver letter a couple of days after submitting my cv and application.

Good luck xxx
profile image
Perla
I'm like you, have spent many years in healthcare and I consider that to be a brilliant background. You have worked in an environment where you constantly meet new people (not always at their best, both physically and mentally), you have learned to navigate difficult situations and you know how you react to stress and these are valuable traits to have.

Even if you don't have customer service experience per se, you have experience in dealing with all kinds of people, patients, their relatives and your colleagues.

So don't sell youself short Lewis, I think you'll do just fine!
profile image
megancraigx
Don’t worry at all honestly, I worked for healthcare for 4 years and my cv is just a general cv stating my skills etc, not mentioning cabin crew at all and I applied last year and got invited for a video interview then made it through to the assessment day, so I’m sure it will be fine x

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.1k -
0 1.1k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.96k 6 years ago
3 1.96k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.85k 6 years ago
1 1.85k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Questions
236  242.15k 4 years ago
236 242.15k 4 years ago by D.Paige36

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 week ago
718 4k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.69k 1 year ago
31 372.69k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.36k 9 months ago
266 595.36k 9 months ago by KL17
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.56k 1 year ago
39 427.56k 1 year ago by Aaron