profile image
flyboi88
Reapplying 6 months later
profile image
flyboi88
Hello All

I applied online in the summer for a cabin crew position at Virgin Atlantic, and my application was unsucsessful. I've got to wait 6 months before I can reapply. Is this 6 months from when I submitted the application, or 6 months from the day I got the email saying no?

Im only asking because it was about 6-7 weeks between applying and getting a no! So I could apply quite soon, or then again maybe have to wait until February! Someone enlighten me! x
profile image
vs1flyguy
You will have to wait six months from your last correspondace from VS.  If your case feb, they will cross check your previous applications, even if you use different email address.  However you will not have to wait to long as there will be another recruitment drive midway feb.

Good luck

profile image
user16937
I applied yesterday, and today received answer... unsuccessful. Cagily quick Confused Anyway, I'm not depressed :) I've got AD with BMI baby and Jet2 soon.
Good luck!

profile image
gazesquire

Good Luck Kasia.

I'm applting on the 9th, exactly when my six months is up.  After speaking with Virgin recruitment, even if you apply a day before the six months is up your app will get withdrawn, So I would advise anyone to wait for the full term.

profile image
flyingfromtheuk
Just try making up a new e-mail address and reapply again... thats what i know loads of people have done, as i am flying with new crew and being one of them aswel, folk have shared how desp they were to get it.
They get so many applications to keep track of everything and if its a "NO"wel lest when it comes to 6months on your first application from your old e-mail address you can apply again!!!
profile image
vs1flyguy
Recruitment are not daft, trust me. They know all the tricks in the book. You can take your chance but recruitment starts again mid feb. Is it worth the risk?
profile image
gazesquire
I was told by Virgin recruitment that if I apply on another email address they will know! They cross check everything. There's no way I would take the risk to be honest but if you do then good luck and I hope it works out. All the best.
profile image
immixx
I applied in July and was unsuccessful. Applied on the 26 th December knowing my 6months wasn't up, but just wanted to see what happened as was desperate. Got an email today saying virgin tried to contact me but emailed instead as could not get through and that I should apply again in feb. Just explained that they gave to 6month policy to ensure it's fair for all applicants etc :)
profile image
x_Tony_x
I need help to with this question! I applied 12th July, I did re apply oct 6th an receieved an email saying this app will be with drawn and my last app will still stand! well The closing date for the current recruitment is 9th Jan an I can re apply with my 6months the 12th Jan! OH MY! is there anything I can do? I want it soo bad!!!

xxx
profile image
immixx
@ x_Tony_x  .. what did your email actually say? . i applied on the 13th july! and was unsuccessful so reapplied a couple of weeks ago. recieved an email from a guy called duncan saying he tried to contact me but failed so emailed me instead. He said hes withdrawing my application as 6months hasnt passed and that i can apply again in feb.

was your email the same?

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.09k -
0 1.09k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.85k 6 years ago
1 1.85k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Questions
236  242.13k 4 years ago
236 242.13k 4 years ago by D.Paige36

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.06k 9 months ago
266 595.06k 9 months ago by KL17
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.4k 1 year ago
93 408.4k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.47k 1 year ago
39 427.47k 1 year ago by Aaron