profile image
jessicaw
Re trying emirates... advice?
profile image
jessicaw
Hi everyone
I’m just looking for peoples thoughts really..

I had my heart set on being emirates crew for some years now. In early 2016 I got to final interview, but didn’t get the job.
In August 2016 I tried again - once more I got to final interview but again didn’t get the job.
At the time, I was ready to wait 6 months and try again. But that’s when all the recruitment stopped.
This year in January I used the same account to apply online, did the video interview but was ‘not shortlisted’
After this, I kind of accepted the idea that it was never gonna happen for me with emirates, however, they are now doing an open day near where I live on Saturday and I’m wondering weather to give it one last go?
I feel I always do well with the recruiters on the day (hence getting to FI twice) but they obviously don’t like my file once it gets to Dubai. Plus I will be 30 towards the end of this year.
Is it worth another go do you think? Or am I just wasting my time?
profile image
FutureEmiratescabincrew18
If you feel in your heat you can go one more time than go or else you will be kicking yourself in the butt later on. This time you will get it.
profile image
M.M.A.C
I would advise you to give it a try...never give up NEVER! prepare yourself speak to cabin crew at Emirates on social media, they are so nice and keen to help..asked them to review your cv and give you any tips about FI.

watch many more videos about AD and FI on youtube...their advise are precious...wear your coat of confidence on and give it a try this Saturday.

A friend of mine, tried it about 10 times before joining. yes he got rejected 10 times but still got in on the 11th times. and he told me he dont regret..because life at EK is so beautiful, free travel around the world, free accomodation in dubai and in most luxurious hotel in the world, (sheraton hilton ritz-carlton, meridien, mariott), free pocket money to explore, free tickets, lots of opportunities for their family and relatives and so on. so dont ever be discouraged. i am sure you will get it this time.

Let me know how it goes...feel free to drop me a private mail.
profile image
Sorro16
I am pretty much in the same situation and thinking same way as you ("about the be 25 this year"), did FI 2 times one in November 2014 and the other in august 2016. Have been waiting a whole year preparing myself as good as possible.
Just did my 3 attempt on may 5th in Amsterdam and unfortunately got cut at the group discussion. I was like ''what??'' you know haha ''how??'' i had cried my eyes out haha..i feel like sometimes it has do with how you connect with your recruiter at the time, but you know a lot factors play during such a day every time is different then the last one..so yeah. But after that i told myself this is your dream job, this what you want go for it and try again over 6 months. Cause there were a lot of crew who had tried a millions times and eventually got in.they are like my inspiration if they can do it we can do it to So lets keep a positive mindset and do our best as much as we can!
profile image
FutureEmiratescabincrew18
Hi you shouldn’t give up on your dreams. But do you have any advice on what you did for the recruiter to short list your CV.
profile image
M.M.A.C
Hi Sorro16,

were you at Amsterdam too? i was there too and got cut at cv drop off stage.

So sorry to hear about that! Surely you will do better at your next try. Keep on going!!
profile image
Desert_Hostie
If you want to try, you have nothing to lose. Many crew got rejected many times (myself included) I think I went to 12-15 OD over the years, and did FI a few times.

I think sometimes it's just down to timing. I definitely wasn't ready the first few times (and they knew it, though I didn't) but looking back now I see I wasn't ready. So you never know, maybe now is the time.

However, I caution you to please go in with your eyes wide open. I too had the rose glasses, even though I also had friends already in the company to tell me both sides of the story. It is a very different airline to what it was a few years ago, or even 6 months ago.

It can be 'beautiful', as one poster put it, but nothing is perfect and it also has its ugly side. Only you can decide if the beauty is worth putting up with the ugly side- it's a decision we all must make ourselves and if you really want to do it I wouldn't discourage you from trying. But I do encourage you to think very hard about what you want and if EK fits in with this, especially long term.

As I said to all my roommates who joined after me, give yourself a time or, conditions that when met will signal to you that your time is up. Otherwise you can risk just getting stuck spinning your wheels instead of moving on when it is time. Get out of it the things you want, while being a decent person, and once you have had enough, go. No one will reward you for sacrificing yourself, so when the job no longer meets your needs, know when that is and be strong.

Make the most of the opportunity but on the other hand, don't lose yourself. It is easy to do in Dubai, surrounded by all kinds of people. Get yourself a strong network of friends and make a life outside of the job/company.

Good luck!

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.12k 1 week ago
7 1.12k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.24k 1 year ago
8 8.24k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 2 months ago
8 2.91k 2 months ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.49k 1 year ago
162 634.49k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.37k 9 months ago
266 595.37k 9 months ago by KL17
bmi & bmibaby All posts relating to bmi!
6  47.04k 5 years ago
6 47.04k 5 years ago by dgill
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.69k 1 year ago
31 372.69k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe