- Qatar After FI...Timeline & Forms
- Oryx Jet VIP Cabin Crew B737 - UK Stansted
- Egyptian visa delay
- CSM's LHR
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- Qatar Airways - political situation and hiring
- Application
- Experienced Cabin Crew | Qatar Airways

Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  iwannafly1    On:  Wed 19th April, 2017 at 14:41
iwannafly1
Hong Kong
#2  Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 19/04/2017 at 14:41
Hi guys. I attended the Qatar Airways' final interview in Hong Kong on 16th April and I received a regret email today (19th April). I am really upset.

I am planning to fly to Cebu, Philippine and go to the open day again in the end of this April. Do you guys know is it okay to re-apply it again after failure in final interview in less than 6 months?

Also, in the final interview, the interviewer found that my hand had a scratch, and she asked me why. I told her it's eczema. I think it probably is the main reason I failed after final interview. My eczema is not really serious, and it can be recovered soon (not in steady condition). Do you think that QR has the remarks on my application? which affect my following applications in the future days???

Thank you so much!
Edited 19/04/2017 @ 15:10 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Mo27
#3  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 19/04/2017 at 16:24
In reply to post #2...
I am not sure if eczema could be the reason for your rejection because a lot of people get regret email after FI. so its not something new.

For the remarks yes I have heard they do keep it on file but you never know because they have so many open days every month and so many repeat applicants fly to different countries for open days. I really don't understand how they keep track of unsuccessful applicants.

But what I have experienced myself they do ask NOW have you attended OD,AD,FI. I have heard that if you say yes ( i said yes ) to the question they will not invite the candidate for AD.

one more thing its very important to check the track record of successful candidates for the past 6 months because so far almost everyone (i know) got regret mail or are still waiting. All the best!)
Edited 19/04/2017 @ 16:34 Revision #3
         Jump to Top
iwannafly1
Hong Kong
#4  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 19/04/2017 at 19:20
In reply to post #3...
Thank you for your reply. :)

Do you think it's a good idea for me to fly to Cebu and attend the open day, even I received a regret email today? I am worried the interviewers are the same, and I

""But what I have experienced myself they do ask NOW have you attended OD,AD,FI. I have heard that if you say yes ( i said yes ) to the question they will not invite the candidate for AD."" <---- Sorry, I cannot completely grasp what you mean. Do you mean that I cannot say I have attended the whole process of interview previously, if I attend the open day next time?

Thank you!
         Jump to Top
lisacrew
United Kingdom
#5  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 19/04/2017 at 21:38
Hi! I failed my FI with Qatar around 3months ago and I reapplied online and have been invited to open day this weekend, however my online application status says invited to assessment?

Do you think when I show up for the open day I'll be asked if I have applied recently and then turned away?
         Jump to Top
Mo27
#6  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 20/04/2017 at 11:35
In reply to post #4...
Now recruiters ask Candidates if they have previously attended open day, assessment day or final interview. ( but remember every open day is different they might just not ask for pervious attendance on that day )

To my mind I think they are doing this because they want to evaluate new applicants. Also I think it makes the job of recruiter easy because they don't really have to glance at your CV they can just ask directly about previous attendance and eliminate the candidate.

what happened to me ill write in a dialogue,

Recruiter: Have you attended open day for Qatar
Me: Yes
Recruiter: ok ill check your profile and will call you if everything is ok.

( basically they never call very rarely they might just do it but its 1 in 1000. its just a nice way of saying no)

Should you fly to Cebu?
In a way its an investment and also a risk. There is definitely a hidden quota on that day. e.g. they might be looking for 4 females under the age of 25 or it could be 3 males 6 females with flying experience . So we really don't know what they are looking for on that particular day

The worry is not about regret mail its about what are they looking for. If you think you can manage make it a small vacation and just have fun! Just remember if this is your dream job and you know its a calculated risk not just a risk than there is no harm in trying but its your decision. Decision should be planned with forethought because we really don't know what they are looking for.
I personally went to Europe from Asia to attend open day. I did not make it but I have no regrets! I tried.
Edited 20/04/2017 @ 14:24 Revision #4
         Jump to Top
Mo27
#7  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 20/04/2017 at 12:35
In reply to post #5...
Status Invited to assessment is just an invite to open day. Anyone apply for open day receive same status.

I personally don't apply online for open days because incase a person is not invited to AD they will still have a profile online. Its better to have online profile once a candidate clear AD.

Best of luck!
         Jump to Top
iwannafly1
Hong Kong
#8  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 20/04/2017 at 14:24
In reply to post #5...
hi! I don't know, sorry. it's because your case is kind of similar to mine. I wonder whether we can apply QR again after failing FI in less than 6 months. because i heard from friends that it's not allowed. hope that it has some experienced QR cabin crews to answer our question :)
         Jump to Top
jeffrey312
Taiwan
#9  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 20/04/2017 at 14:25
In reply to post #4...
hey,

Sorry to heard that.
But when i had my FI in taipei and someone asked the recruiter that do we need to wait for specific time if we didn't get the position.
And I pretty sure the recruiter said you don't have to. you can apply anytime you want.

I think that rule is for Emirates. They did mention it when I pass Emirates FI.
But it only applies if you had FI and fail, so you have to wait for 6 months.

So you can go to Cebu to get what you really want!!
Wish you all the best. See you in Doha ;)
         Jump to Top
neronemesis
#10  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 20/04/2017 at 14:25
In reply to post #5...
It does not matter if you get rejected at any stage while interviewing for QR. You can always show up again for the interview and in case if they ask just tell them the truth and say something like you are 'more confident' this time.
         Jump to Top
Mo27
#11  Re: Re-apply Qatar Airway in less than 6 months?  Posted 20/04/2017 at 14:35
In reply to post #8...
I am definitely going to attend open day soon its better to try !
Edited 20/04/2017 @ 14:38 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Next >