profile image
bcf&gloves
Questions
profile image
bombonica1
Same question here?I was not monitoring c.c post for a long time.Since April I have noticed many companies e.g BA,VS,EZY had many recruitment events.Is that a regular peoples turnaround or just happened with a reason,as to new planes being bought and new routes opened?I know that aviation industry can be very changable and fast paced,but remember a few years back when getting a c.c position was almost imposible.I know that there is no obvious answer to our question but maybe some more experienced fliers can make a prediction as to how often recruitment happens?Is it 2 times yearly an avarage?Any help would be greatly appriciated.Thanks xxx
profile image
bombonica1
Cabin Crew vacancies-closing date 15.11.Good Luck to all of you applying this time.Fingers Crossed xxx
profile image
Tilster
Can anyone advise me on things like pay and benefits and the commute from Manchester?
what life is really like working for Virgin?

Thanks
Tilster
profile image
bombonica1
I am wonnabee as well so can not advise you further.However I have noticed that many crew commute as you have some 4-5 trips monthly.And for stanby months they arrange something closer to the bases.So Commuting is doable in my opinion.

As for lyfestyle I can not say.I am not working for VS.

For what I could understand given the basic , trip pay and the rest you should get on avarage 1 year some 1300-1500 net take home.However it does go up I suppose.If you go further back you will notice in 2008 the basic was around 10.000 increasing to 12.000 after your first year.So If the start now is around 12.000 following this dynamics it should get more.Maybe 100-150 or even 200 yearly.No one can really say given this economical times,however like any job should follow at least some of the inflation increase.Plus we are talking CC positions here.You can progress further so senior ranks I suppose have more Benefits I suppose are medical and pension plans ,plus good concession travel etc.

Hope this helps,and of course If I am wrong ,and I easily might be I hope someone will correct me. xxx
profile image
bombonica1
Any idea of what happens spring/summer?Do VS recruit May,June etc? i HAVE NOTICED THEY DID THIS YEAR ,but what is the dynamics in general?Does VS have a big turnaround of crew?I understand like 2008 when some people were made reduntant it is very hard to anticippate how many flights might be let go of,or similar.But for sure there should be a strategic plan as to how many people on avarage VS needs yearly?I AM DESPERATE TO GET IN ,so trying to estimate the figures,hoping I might be the lucky one to get in soon.Maybe some experienced people or moderator would be able to know?Thanks in advance for your time. x
profile image
Tilster
Hi all,

A couple of questions:

Does anyone know if recruitment will be reopening soon? I was hoping maybe they will open if in Dec again...??

Please can someone put a brief outline of AD day on here?? I cannot find one on the Virgin threads

Thanks everyone
profile image
flossy_h
I hope so I can reapply 16th Dec.
profile image
Hi, the money isn't great and the commute will be a pain, if you want to be away alot then yes it's great but it's hard hard work and standby would be a problem!

It is a pretty cool job as you get to see some amazing places but you do work hard for not a great wage, personally having done both short and long haul I would rather work harder on short haul and get 50-60% more salary.

There are always problems onboard, ie inflight entertainment not working and lack of meals etc... But when you spend a day in San Francisco it is worth the 12 hours of constant problems. But again it's the whole VIRGIN LIFESTYLE your after then do it...

But you have to live 90 mins from base for standby and you cannot go direct to Manchester you have to transfer there form lhr/lgw
profile image
Monthly pay take home for cabin crew is £1,000 - £1,150 But can be considerably less without flight pay and commissions
profile image
Paul410
You say that your take home pay is between £1-1500 a month but thats without any trip allowances isn't it?

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.02k -
0 1.02k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.84k 6 years ago
1 1.84k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Am going to be virgin cabin cr...
3  1.87k 6 years ago
3 1.87k 6 years ago by xtmpx

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 3 weeks ago
718 4k 3 weeks ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.66k 7 months ago
266 594.66k 7 months ago by KL17
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.43k 10 months ago
64 248.43k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.64k 2 years ago
27 193.64k 2 years ago by juankax
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 7 months ago
40 6k 7 months ago by Marky Mcdoe