profile image
bcf&gloves
Questions
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
Do a St John's First Aid course. That always looks good on a CV and can show you have done something relevant to the job in trying to secure this role.

Food hygiene standards course could be another.
profile image
bombonica1
Hi dear bagsy,
as you have noticed well,I am a foreigner,so by no means was I teaching English.Especially not in this country.Having said that I am very proud to say that my spoken English is not bad at all.I did pass my English test at EZY A.D. where some good third of English people did not pass.My English is sufficient enough to be able to provide Customer Service onboard the aircraft.

Regardless of my poor English,especially reading and writing I am very impressed with ex-VS employees who do come to these pages,althought they have left the Company,and support newbies like myself with kind and supportive words.THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

As for question asked what did I used to teach,the simple answer is Greek and Latin Language and Literature,both back home and in this country,where my knowledge in the field was greately apprecated.But I honestly see no point in asking this question,as I am applying for a cabin crew position,not something else.But If you do need any help in understanding what is this sort of Degree,and what it takes to get the job in Language field feel free to ASK HUN.
profile image
fap
Originally posted by @bagsy2ndbreak
Just what exactly were you teaching for 11 years - I sincerely hope it wasn't English.

I sincerely hope you are jocking. I sincerely hope every day not to fly with people like you, although I do unfortunately. I sincerely hope you can speak at least another language, other then a slang. I sincerely hope you are going to take an English writing skill course, as it quite embarassing to see that you write just as you speak.
profile image
projectp
Originally posted by @fap

I sincerely hope you are jocking. I sincerely hope every day not to fly with people like you, although I do unfortunately. I sincerely hope you can speak at least another language, other then a slang. I sincerely hope you are going to take an English writing skill course, as it quite embarassing to see that you write just as you speak.

profile image
bombonica1
Because of people like Fap,projectp and many,many more similar I am even more determined to go and have a try and get the job with VS.Kind Regards xxx
profile image
projectp
Oh no I wasn't being mean, I was surprised at people being mean, you go for it! and good luck
profile image
bombonica1
Ha,ha,ha.That is what I meant as well.There are many of you out there who are very nice and kind and make VS the Company it is.At least the ones I have met in person I have to say are stunning people.Best Regards xxx
profile image
projectp
I'm hoping to be one of them soon!
profile image
bombonica1
Fingers Crossed.I bet you will do well at your A.D.Keep us informed.Warm Regards xxx
profile image
BecaRobo
Hello!

I was just wondering if u knew when virgin Atlantic where accepting applications again for the next set of interviews? Unfortunately I missed the closing date for the last one and I really want to apply! So gutted I missed it. Just a rough guess will do.

Thank you,
Much appreciated

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.02k -
0 1.02k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.84k 6 years ago
1 1.84k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Am going to be virgin cabin cr...
3  1.87k 6 years ago
3 1.87k 6 years ago by xtmpx

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 3 weeks ago
718 4k 3 weeks ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.66k 7 months ago
266 594.66k 7 months ago by KL17
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.29k 11 months ago
39 427.29k 11 months ago by Aaron
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 7 months ago
40 6k 7 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.17k 1 year ago
93 408.17k 1 year ago by David_Hume