profile image
bcf&gloves
Questions
profile image
bombonica1
Hi Roo,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.To be honest I am so sorry you did not get it now,but as you say we might meet up next time.You are right.Yes I do work with passengers,and I am proud to say I am good at handling them.However If I am good enough for VS we will yet to see.Looking fwd to apply for the first time and hope they open recruitment soon.GOOD LUCK and stay in touch.Reg xxx
profile image
bombonica1
@MICHOMOOMIN.My advise would be,just GO AND FINISH OFFYOUR UNI.You never know in life why you might need it.Plus by the time Virgin recruits again,and hopefully you are succesful and get your training date you might easily look April/May 2012.You have worked hard for the past 2 years and should not mess up in the end.Plus no one garantees you would do cc job till the rest of your life.I do understand drive and ambition,however I am mature woman so life has thought me a thing or two.You will be happy to have both Uni degree and job that you love.And it is not imposible.It is just a few months away.Godd Luck xxx
profile image
RAHAYATUL SHARINA ABDUL RAHIM
hi everyone

has anyone here come across a situation whereby you actually manage to go to the final interview for qatar airways.you have filled up the application form and at the final interview you know that you need to loose a little bit more weight in order for you to qualify yourself.so i was asked to do that.because i know with my height and weight i need to loose 5kg.so i did what i'm supposed to do and assure them at the final interview saying that i need time to loose it.so they agree.they told me that my application will be process after i loose 5kg.so after 7 days of the final interview,qatar airways emailled me asking about the progress of my weight lost.i was suprised they emailled me,it looks like they are concern that i need to loose the weight.and they asked me to keep them updated about the progress of my weight lost.so i did lost 3kg and now just another 2kg and yes i update them about the progress of my weight lost.what worries me so much is that i am all excited to join qatar and if i have lost this last 3kg and send the medical report about my weight to them do you all think i would be accepted?

thank you
profile image
bombonica1
Dear,we are VS forum here not Qatar.And with all honesty we would NEVER EVER comment on people's weight or looks in the UK.CC is a customer focused role not a beauty peagant competition.Well done for getting your A.D and being sucesfull further.Kind Regards
profile image
RAHAYATUL SHARINA ABDUL RAHIM
woops..sorry..i am new here..i was so worried.because i really dunno what else to do if i don't get this job because all my life i am a flight attendant.how i wish BA recruit asian i would go there to work.

thanks anyway.
profile image
bombonica1
Dear,do not worry.BA is recruiting people from all backgrounds.Including Asian background.So have a go and apply.Good luck.Same goes for VS.It is not what background you belong to,it is about the skills necesary for c.c role.As you do have cc experience that might help.Good luck and hope you get the job.Just keep applying and do not loose hope. xxx
profile image
Shada Jameel Al Nehmi
Hi i got a few questions before i apply to virgin.

Do you have to move to london?? I live in wales at moment. If i move would i be able to afford to live there with the wage given by virgin?

Also when you do long trips do they put you in a hotel or do you have to pay with travel allowance they give you?? How does that work??

Thank you
profile image
bombonica1
One question -maybe moderator would be the best to ask,or someone very experienced,or someone who has been through the proccess recently.I have been teaching for 11 years,then went to work as a sales consultant @LHR(after having my kids) where I have been for the past 8 years.Although I am 40 in December applied for EZY anf got the job offer.Will start my training in January.That was the only time I ever applied for an airline.The idea was that there and backs would give me more time with the kids.However I have spoken to some mums lately and they prefer working long-hauls as they have more time.So I am more than happy to apply for VA,next time.Spoke to my boss openly about everything.She is very supportive,and currently we are all treated as SELF-EMPLOYED with our tax reference numbers on her BACKS monthly payments.Due to the fact that LHR is very close to where I live I was thinking of applying to VS very soon,actually the first time they open up recruitment.It might happen in a 5-6 weeks time,so in that case I would not mention that I got the job with EZY.And lets say I am succesfull first time with VS that would be brilliant.However If I am unsecussful and have to wait for 6 months ,or more,obviously I would write up I am working for EZY.Do you think they would like to see that?I would never lie to what I did,but for someone who has changed only 2 employeers for 19 years It would be odd,to have EZY for just couple of months.I know VS doesn not discriminate on age,looks or work history,or should not at least,but do you think I should just not mention EZY,and keep the old job description-sales consultant @LHR?My boss is more than happy to cover up for those few months,and my self -employed documents anyway would cover the referencing proccess?What do you think I should do?Anybody outhere who has been an EZY cc and went to work for VS?Do you thing cc experience helped you or did not help you getting your A.D?My idea is just to secure A.D. and the rest I am not bothered with,as If I am the right person for the company I am more than positive they will notice that.I am very determined to keep trying for as long as it takes to get VS job,as it is very convenient for me,and in the meantime would be happy to work with EZY.Thanks in advance for any advice or opinion.Kind Regards xxx
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
Just what exactly were you teaching for 11 years - I sincerely hope it wasn't English.
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
Many crew live in Wales so as long as you are prepared for the long drive to and from work in a decent car it won't be a problem.

All hotel accommodation is provided by the company. The allowances are for you to eat and drink in those hotels (should you choose - many go out to eat).

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.02k -
0 1.02k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.84k 6 years ago
1 1.84k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Am going to be virgin cabin cr...
3  1.87k 6 years ago
3 1.87k 6 years ago by xtmpx

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 3 weeks ago
718 4k 3 weeks ago by anniesteuber
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 7 months ago
40 6k 7 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.37k 4 years ago
10 67.37k 4 years ago by user16937
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.66k 7 months ago
266 594.66k 7 months ago by KL17
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.29k 11 months ago
39 427.29k 11 months ago by Aaron