profile image
bcf&gloves
Questions
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Helloo

So I've passed the application stage and have been invited to do the video interview. The email doesn't mention video slots like I've read on here. Just a link to follow. The nearest possible day i can do it is Monday so do i click the link then when I'm ready to do it or am i supposed to advance book a slot if this makes sense. Just don't want to risk clicking on the link now and suddenly having the interview just sprung on me without preparation. Ahhh so nervous as well!

Tia x
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Helloo

So I've passed the application stage and have been invited to do the video interview. The email doesn't mention video slots like I've read on here. Just a link to follow. The nearest possible day i can do it is Monday so do i click the link then when I'm ready to do it or am i supposed to advance book a slot if this makes sense. Just don't want to risk clicking on the link now and suddenly having the interview just sprung on me without preparation. Ahhh so nervous as well!

Tia x
profile image
lisiloo
Well done on getting through to the video interview - best of luck! You just click on the link when you are ready, there's no need to reserve a time slot.
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Originally posted by @lisiloo
Well done on getting through to the video interview - best of luck! You just click on the link when you are ready, there's no need to reserve a time slot.

Thank You

Without asking too much about the questions on the video interview, does anyone know if at this point i really need to know my stuff about VA themselves or at this stage is it just about me and my skills ect?
I'm just stressing a bit about whether or not i should be investing a lot of time researching the company or not as I'm struggling to squeeze everything in around work and obviously I'm going to make notes on my own skills and what i have to give ect but if i know they're not going to ask me specific questions about the company then that's one less stress that i can leave until the assessment day if i get that far (fingers crossed).

Tia x
profile image
JLouisexx
You’ll get asked a mix of questions but my advice would be to do some research. It’s always best to know abit about the company you’ve applied for before any kind of interview x
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Just a quick one as i have to set off for work in 10mins.
I'd like to say I've walked away from the video interview feeling confident but part of me feels I've blown my one shot My mind went blank, everything I'd prepared beforehand had gone out of the window. In all honesty i think i prepared too much causing me to over think it then causing me to waffle on in my answers therefore running out of time in a couple of questions I really wanted to come away from it feeling confident which i really don't and it's sad because i know deep down i have what it takes but proving that in a video interview has proven difficult. Feeling meh! Let's just hope i have a miracle and god answers my prayers lol..
profile image
lisiloo
I am sure you will be fine :) I felt exactly the same though! I thought my answers were too short and I felt like I waffled a bit. Haha.

Fingers crossed for you.
profile image
LivBaileyBee
Hi FutureTrollyDolly

Don't feel down. I must have spoken to four or five people who though they'd fluffed the video interview (myself included!) but VA will take into account that it's an unnatural setting and that people might stumble a bit.

I'm happy to say that all those girls who were worried have got Assessment Days coming up the next couple of weeks. It does take a little while to hear back though so be patient. Fingers crossed for you!
profile image
JLouisexx
Originally posted by @FutureTrollyDolly
Just a quick one as i have to set off for work in 10mins.
I'd like to say I've walked away from the video interview feeling confident but part of me feels I've blown my one shot . My mind went blank, everything I'd prepared beforehand had gone out of the window. In all honesty i think i prepared too much causing me to over think it then causing me to waffle on in my answers therefore running out of time in a couple of questions. I really wanted to come away from it feeling confident which i really don't and it's sad because i know deep down i have what it takes but proving that in a video interview has proven difficult. Feeling meh! Let's just hope i have a miracle and god answers my prayers ..

Don’t be too hard on yourself, I’m sure you’ve done great! I felt EXACTLY the same after mine, I thought I’d blown it. Positive thoughts! Fingers crossed for you
profile image
FutureTrollyDolly
Aww thankyou ladies :) I really hope it's just me over thinking it but I'm not so sure Only time will tell I guess. Just hope I get a nice surprise.

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.04k -
0 1.04k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.84k 6 years ago
1 1.84k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Am going to be virgin cabin cr...
3  1.87k 6 years ago
3 1.87k 6 years ago by xtmpx

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.5k 1 year ago
31 372.5k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.33k 11 months ago
39 427.33k 11 months ago by Aaron
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.78k 8 months ago
266 594.78k 8 months ago by KL17