profile image
bcf&gloves
Questions
profile image
Nat1234
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been asked but I'm looking for some advice on commuting.

I live in Glasgow and have been invited to attend an assessment day with virgin for cabin crew in Crawley. I would love the job but I want to be realistic about the costs of travelling back and forth from Glasgow to London ( I have a mortgage with my partner in glasgow so can't just move ?? ).

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what travel costs might be per month? And if / when you are allowed discounts on travel?

Many thanks ?
profile image
jackers
Your reference need to cover 5 years in order to get your airside security pass
profile image
jackers
HI,

I am seriously considering VA and know the basic salary is 13,659, but what is the trip pay and how does it work?

Many thanks in advance
profile image
Greeni99
Hello everyone,

I’m seriously considering an application for VA however I want to ensure that the job is sustainable in terms of living costs and commuting. I was just wondering whether flights are guaranteed all year round (on a permanent contract)?

Thanks
profile image
Rooroo28
I have my virgin atlantic video interview coming up and I was hoping someone could tell me any question that came up? Was it hard??
profile image
juliebeee
Hi, please let me know if you find questions as I will be having my video interview as well. Thanks!
profile image
Foxtrotfan
Virgin are very strict about anyone giving information about the video interview questions and the AD. They want everyone to start from the same point, which in my opinion is very fair. Not everyone is on this forum and it would give them an unfair advantage. Just relax and be yourself, they're not trying to catch you out in anyway. Good luck xx
profile image
Charlotte_93
Im currently thinking about applying for virgin and fingers crossed if I was successful I have a special family holiday booked in May and I know you can't book any holiday in your first 6 month will the company.
Do they have to honour you your holiday if it is already booked before you start the job?

Many thanks if any one can help :)
profile image
katiealicerigby
Hiya! I have an assessment day next week (14th) and wondered what documentation you need to take with you. Do I need to take a work history, references, etc? The email isn't very clear, and I've read people have been asked to take a 5 year history form which I haven't received? V nervous! Thanks in advance xxx
profile image
avfreak
Originally posted by @Nat1234
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been asked but I'm looking for some advice on commuting.

I live in Glasgow and have been invited to attend an assessment day with virgin for cabin crew in Crawley. I would love the job but I want to be realistic about the costs of travelling back and forth from Glasgow to London ( I have a mortgage with my partner in glasgow so can't just move ?? ).

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what travel costs might be per month? And if / when you are allowed discounts on travel?

Many thanks ?

I am in the same position as you and am curious to know as well?

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.04k -
0 1.04k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.84k 6 years ago
1 1.84k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Am going to be virgin cabin cr...
3  1.87k 6 years ago
3 1.87k 6 years ago by xtmpx

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.23k 1 year ago
93 408.23k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.78k 8 months ago
266 594.78k 8 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
bmi & bmibaby All posts relating to bmi!
6  47.03k 5 years ago
6 47.03k 5 years ago by dgill