profile image
bcf&gloves
Questions
profile image
bcf&gloves
Following on from bombonica1 post - I have decided to add a sticky thread which will remain at the top of the notice board - for you to post any questions about things at Virgin. However please do take couple of minutes to read through the posts first to avoid duplication.
profile image
Roo
[Well, I'll go first :p
I live in the North West and obviously the two main hubs for virgin are Gatwick and Heathrow, so if I was to get the job I'd probably have to move down there. This isn't really an issue because I really want the job, but I was wondering if there would be opportunties to be based in Manchester instead?
Thank you :)

You can apply to transfer to MAN base after you have completed your probationary period. You would then also be entitled to staff travel so commuting could also be an option! BCF&GLOVES

Thank you very much :)
profile image
bombonica1
One question please regarding holiday days.
Normaly airlines have around 20 +8 lieu days.Lets say an avarage of 25-28 days anual leave.Every company has different rules as to how they use them.For example 1 company where my best friend works have a policy that for every 3 days you take ,you get 2 wrap around days each side.So lets say you take Mon,Tues,Wed off you will automatically get 7 full days off.Including Sat,Sun,Thur and Frida as wrap arounds.As well it depends weather you take chunks e.g. 3-4 days here and there or you take a batch of 10 days off in order to go to a 2 weeks holiday.In that respect can someone already working for VS,be so kind and explain how many days per calendar year including lieu days do you have all together,can you book your holiday well in advance,how many wrap around days do you have for certain amount of days taken.It is off course down to availability,when you can take your days off.And as well depending weather you like smaller block or longer ones.It is due to our Maths skills to work it out,but I suppose there must be a certain rule as to how many wrap around or call it rest days you get linked to your holiday days.I AM NOT TALKING first 6 months where you get scatered days ,or not trying to work out how many days you have left after you join.I am talking a regular year,that is either December to December or April to April,after you have past your probation.Thanks a lot in advance.Regards xxx

Your are entitled to 28 days holiday, and we normally submit our leave requests every 6 months so Aug/Sept for Jan - Jun and then Apr/May for Jul - Dec. We don't get wrap-around days, but you will get your MBTR (minimum base turnaround - days off) after your last trip before your leave! So for example of you last trip was SFO you'd get 3 days off then your leave would start. Hope that makes sense! BCF&GLOVES
profile image
bombonica1
Thank you very much for a prompt and in depth reply.Kind Regards
profile image
bagsy2ndbreak
You get 1 request a month for either a trip of your choice or 2 days off so you could quite easily request for your two days that month to wrap around the end of your leave before coming back to work.
profile image
fap
Hi there!! I was wondering how long are the caribbean trips? I read somewhere that barbados and antigua are one night trip; what about havana, jamaica, cancun, tobago, st. lucia etc? Also, do you know guys if for those people who live and commute from outside the UK, if they still have to pay uk tax?? I'm quite sure I read on another forum about a girl commuting from Spain who was telling that she doesn't pay uk tax although working for vs... Thank you very much and happy flying!!!
profile image
bombonica1
Thanks bagsy .That is wonderfull.Thanks for your input as well.Kind Regrds xxx
profile image
azur
I'm also planning to work for Virgin Atlantic and live in France.
profile image
bombonica1
Well done Azur.Hope you get it.Fingers crossed.What was the question sorry I could not work out?If asking about commuting from France you had a few posts before(on previous pages reg.commuting).People say it is doable.As some commute from Spain etc.As for tax issues there are more competent people than myself.Maybe the Moderator would know the answer or people in simmilar shoes who have dealt with it.Regards xxx
profile image
lucidoll
This post is a great idea!! You see this is why I love virgin so much! So proud to be starting training next month, there's no other airline in the world i would rather work for :)

Other discussions going on within Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Recruitment June 2023 Hi everyone!Who has applied for the new Cabin Crew...
0  1.02k -
0 1.02k -
Training Start Date 24th April...
3  1.95k 6 years ago
3 1.95k 6 years ago by Jchew
Training accommodation
1  1.84k 6 years ago
1 1.84k 6 years ago by adzy1606
Start Date Feb 13th Accomodati...
4  1.88k 6 years ago
4 1.88k 6 years ago by martin39
Am going to be virgin cabin cr...
3  1.87k 6 years ago
3 1.87k 6 years ago by xtmpx

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 3 weeks ago
718 4k 3 weeks ago by anniesteuber
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.66k 7 months ago
266 594.66k 7 months ago by KL17
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.29k 11 months ago
39 427.29k 11 months ago by Aaron
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 7 months ago
40 6k 7 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.17k 1 year ago
93 408.17k 1 year ago by David_Hume