- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- BA Training Course Accommodation near LHR

Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  sweetnessP    On:  Sun 18th November, 2007 at 01:30
sweetnessP
#1  Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 18/11/2007 at 01:30
Hi everybody! Im new here and hope that u could help me out. I will be attending an open day recruitment for qatar airways and i hope u could share ur experiences or give tips or advices with us all aspiring cabin crew. Smile Like what to expect? Do they have any specific look that they want? Fully made up or less make up? Any info. will be greatly appreciated.. 
         Jump to Top
annouck
Czech Republic
#2  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 19/11/2007 at 09:33
Hello, I already have open day of qatar airways behind me, so I can let u know what is about. About look, they love fully made up and nails matched with lipstick, hair tied back, if u have hairy arms shave them, they ll watch ,-) take suit, the best skirt on knees or longer, not shorter! skin coloured tights and shoes on high heels. I was in Prague and there wasnt so many people as they thought that ll come, so they made selection the same day with open day, so dont be surprise, it can happen to u too.U have to be prepared!At the first u ll write english test. There is a short story and u have to answer questions about in that test. It last around 50 min.Then u have open conversation in groups.They ask u questions and u have to speak in that group about. Dont be so active and dont try to be the best. They already put out all people who were too active and havent listen other people, they just made monolog. They r looking for people who can listen and fit together with others. They dont need people who just look themselves and dont care about others. That questions r for example: with which nationality u think u cannot live together /U cannot look at religion/ and questions what u ll do if...and some situation in cabin.Then is last interview where they ask u about your experiences and if u r able to live in qatar and so on...Good luck and no stress...They r nice and I havent felt bad there ,-)
         Jump to Top
number36
#3  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 19/11/2007 at 16:06
All I can say is that their recruiters are fantastic! Never met such friendly people before!
LHR WW!
         Jump to Top
annouck
Czech Republic
#4  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 19/11/2007 at 18:22
thats right Smile
         Jump to Top
sweetnessP
#5  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 20/11/2007 at 12:04
thanks so much for the replies.. im a bit nervous and i hope i can get it as i really want to be a cabin crew.. i'll tell u guys wat happens and share my experience.. would guys know if they are particular with teeth or scars? thanks again..i appreciate it.. Tongue
         Jump to Top
annouck
Czech Republic
#6  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 20/11/2007 at 12:43
hehe, they didnt count my teeth, so dont worry LOL but its true, they watch if u have some marks on legs or arms. I have one small birthmark on my leg and she asked me about...
         Jump to Top
sweetnessP
#7  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 20/11/2007 at 13:08
i have slight scars on my face due to chicken pox when i was young..but not really noticeable.. unless u really scrutinize my face..hehe! thanks for all your replies.. u r so kind...  r u a cabin crew already for qatar airways?
         Jump to Top
annouck
Czech Republic
#8  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 20/11/2007 at 17:59

so it ll be no problem. they watch if  skin on the face is clear without acne. Im working for ryanair /on that picture r ryanair aircrafts ,-)/, but maybe i ll run out...I got between last 8 people who joined qatar airways last interview and no im waiting the result.../I really dont understand how they choose people, Im sure my english test was really disaster :-D/

Jump to Top
number36
#9  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 20/11/2007 at 20:20
They didn't check my teeth either. They did however, as annouck says, check whether I had any visible scars on my hands. I have one scar on each hand but they weren't too bothered with it!
LHR WW!
         Jump to Top
sweetnessP
#10  Re: Qatar Open Day Recruitment Experience  Posted 22/11/2007 at 00:27
thanks so much for all your replies.. also, if u could give us any details or advices what we need to do during that day of assesment like, do we need to be careful with our gestures or the way we act and speak with other applicants? do we need not to talk too much as if very at ease or loud? pls share some more advices.. thanks!! mwah!
         Jump to Top
Next >