Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- easyjet online assessment
- Joining Formalities in Progress: Emirates
- Final approval
- FlyDubai Online Assessment
- Countries like China took long to change status?
- 5 moroccans male cc got ek golden call
- we sell Original VISA,Passports,Driver's License
- we sell VISA,Passports,Driver's License IDs
- we sell VISA,Passports,Driver's License IDs for UK
- Assessments, interviews & start dates

Qatar interview question

Author
  Topic Started By:  black sheep    On:  Tue 2nd March, 2010 at 17:36
black sheep
Romania
#1  Qatar interview question  Posted 02/03/2010 at 17:36
Hi, I have a question for whoever is reading and thinks they might be able to help. A few days ago I attended an open day for Qatar Airways in Romania. I am male, 28 years old, 1.79 m, have worked for Etihad Airways until about 3 and a half years ago, I worked another 3 years as a cabin manager for a low cost carrier in Eastern Europe, so I have around 6 years experience. At the open day I failed the first step (handing in my CV and photos), even though the recruiter seemed pleased with my profile during the brief talk we had. I went back the next day and approached one of the recruiters, I apologised and told them I know they can't give me any feed back and I asked when I should reaply. She said that If some other airline does not pick me up in the meantime, I should wait more than 6 months because she doesn't think the regulations preventing me from being recruited at the moment will be changed in the airline in 6 months. I did not ask any further questions as I did not want to make her uncomfortable but it's killing me to know what regulation that might be. Any ideas? I'm asking myself because she did not tell me what they usually say ( come back in 6 months or try to find a different career). If anyone thinks they can shed some light , I would really appreciate it.Thank you and good luck to everyone
         Jump to Top
jenny7625
#2  Re: Qatar interview question  Posted 22/11/2012 at 05:05
In reply to post #1...
Prepare for your interview by reviewing the questions below. Think about how you would answer these types of questions.

How long were you employed with your last employer?
Do you enjoy flying?
How do you handle stress on the job?
How long are you willing to work with Qatar Airways?
Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker – how did you handle it?
Do you enjoy serving people?
103 interview questions and answers ( free pdf download)
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#3  Re: Qatar interview question  Posted 22/11/2012 at 06:41
In reply to post #1...
It doesn't sound like a 'regulation', it will probably be a 'quota' issue. A recruiter may be told that they can only accept candidates of a certain origin, or only female or with no experience for example. Of course, this is never something that is admitted but happens regularly in the Middle Eastern airlines. Do not take it personally, it sounds like you didn't fit their quota - apply for other airlines as you have experience already you should find something soon.
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top