Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Easyjet training starting 20th January - Gatwick
- Height with EK/EY/QR
- Etihad, starting day in november!! Help please!
- Liverpool base!! Got the job anyone else heard?
- OSM aviation - Norwegian
- manchester AD
- Emirates AD Mauritius 26th October 2014, anyone?
- Advanced Candidate Zone with QR
- Height with EK/EY/QR
- Aer Lingus Recruitment Dublin Open

Qatar Airways

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  freddiethefrog    On:  Mon 28th July, 2008 at 19:11
*abz*
United Kingdom
#31  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 23/12/2008 at 16:07
no i think its majority middle eastern airlines who ask for such stupid things.
         Jump to Top
number36
#32  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 23/12/2008 at 17:23
They are pretty fussy in the Middle East and could ground you if you don't meet their grooming standards before a flight. I know at QR you have to be groomed by a grooming officer after briefing and they could also ask you to do a bit of a "catwalk" to see that you're up to standards.

At QR they'll check your hair, nails, make-up, watch (you have to wear one) and that your uniform is clean and ironed (one crease... that's naughty).
LHR WW!
         Jump to Top
nicwilson07
Groupie
United Kingdom
#33  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 24/12/2008 at 08:45
just had an email of gulf air for assessment day in Manchester, anyone going to that? anyone know what that company is like to work for or know anyone who has or currently works for them?

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Jump to Top
fahro85
#34  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 28/12/2008 at 16:41
Is there any on egoing for OD in Belgrade on 10th January???
         Jump to Top
BAairhostess
United Kingdom
#35  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 28/12/2008 at 20:00

Originally posted by number36

They are pretty fussy in the Middle East and could ground you if you don't meet their grooming standards before a flight. I know at QR you have to be groomed by a grooming officer after briefing and they could also ask you to do a bit of a "catwalk" to see that you're up to standards.

At QR they'll check your hair, nails, make-up, watch (you have to wear one) and that your uniform is clean and ironed (one crease... that's naughty).

Don't forget if you have a blemish you get grounded at a Middle Eastern airline. If you had a coldsore they would probably string you up for daring to have herpes.

Makes me so lucky to live and work in the Western world where we have employment laws!
"Yeah, it's overwhelming, but what else can we do.
Get jobs in offices, and wake up for the morning commute."
         Jump to Top
number36
#36  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 28/12/2008 at 22:05

Very true, BAhostie!

One guy I know of had some acne and rashes on his neck. The grooming department gave him a deadline and said he had to sort it out before that. He didn't and he was sacked! He also had to pay back the bond before they let him leave the country.

LHR WW!
         Jump to Top
Ali_Xander
United Kingdom
#37  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 28/12/2008 at 22:20
BAairhostess: Now that is a bit of an exaggeration "having a blemish get you grounded at a Middle Eastern Airline". You all have valid point in what you say but sometimes it is just damn funny at the crap that comes out. Anyone would think that us who work in the Middle East are back in the Middle Ages and get treated the worse. Yeah that must be right, I get to work and get offloaded because I have a cold sore. There is common sense and then there is just the abnoxious.
http://web.me.com/alixander - FINALLY UPDATED ONCE AGAIN with comments too
         Jump to Top
BAairhostess
United Kingdom
#38  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 28/12/2008 at 22:36

Originally posted by Ali_Xander

BAairhostess: Now that is a bit of an exaggeration "having a blemish get you grounded at a Middle Eastern Airline". You all have valid point in what you say but sometimes it is just damn funny at the crap that comes out. Anyone would think that us who work in the Middle East are back in the Middle Ages and get treated the worse. Yeah that must be right, I get to work and get offloaded because I have a cold sore. There is common sense and then there is just the abnoxious.

From my own experience at RJ I was told that I would be grounded on basic pay if I had visble acne.
         Jump to Top
BAairhostess
United Kingdom
#39  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 28/12/2008 at 22:37

Very true, BAhostie!

One guy I know of had some acne and rashes on his neck. The grooming department gave him a deadline and said he had to sort it out before that. He didn't and he was sacked! He also had to pay back the bond before they let him leave the country.

Disgusting isn't it!
         Jump to Top
number36
#40  Re: Qatar Airways  Posted 28/12/2008 at 22:42
[QUOTE=BAairhostess]

Very true, BAhostie!

Disgusting isn't it!
[/QUOTE]

It is! Especially as stress (and it must have been a pretty stressful situation being given that ultimatimum) is one of the reasons to acne.

This guy was also CS (Cabin Senior) and had been with the airline for nearly three years! He had also been sick only TWO DAYS in that time.
LHR WW!
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >