Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Leeds Training 21/04/14 (MAN Base)
- Do i have a chance to be a flight attendant?
- Brighton to Gatwick Airport
- Passenger service agent, application!
- packing for Dubai to start my training ..help??
- Flybe Training
- LHR: Interviews Assessments Start Dates Courses
- BA Mixed Fleet recruiting now
- Crew shoes
- Length of wait after final interview (5months)

Qatar Airways - twice rejection

Author
  Topic Started By:  Glass    On:  Tue 3rd September, 2013 at 12:59
Glass
#1  Qatar Airways - twice rejection  Posted 03/09/2013 at 12:59
Hey everyone

I'm in a weird situation. Back in June, QA were looking for male Arabic speaking cabin crew, which I am, so I applied. They rejected my application after 2 hours.

So I thought maybe they didn't wanna invite me to Doha, so I decided to apply one of their Cabin Crew Recruitment Events, more specifically in Paris at 16th September 2013. I sent my application and once again, 10 hours later rejected.

When submitting the application in QA, there's no chance to attach a motivational letter/covering letter (the option is unavailable in the online application form).
The only chance to make an impression is this box:
"Please tell us in less than 100 words what qualities you have that will make you an outstanding 5-Star Cabin Crew member at Qatar Airways and how you have demonstrated them in the past"

In the first application, I wrote 100 words.
In the second application I thought that writing some more might increase my chances, so I wrote around 300 words.

It is worth to mention that I have 13 years of customer service experience.

What's going on here?
Did I do something wrong?
Did anyone here experience the same thing?
Would it be a good idea to call their HR department? (if ever I can find the number)
Or would it be a good idea applying for their recruitment events in the other cities?
Any other advice?

Thanks

Best regards, Alex
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#2  Re: Qatar Airways - twice rejection  Posted 04/09/2013 at 18:42
In reply to post #1...
It sounds like somehow you are not meeting the basic requirements, so do check that and if you do meet them make sure that they are covered in your application... things like education, height, swimming ability, work experience etc. There is also usually a 6 month wait period once you are rejected for a position before you can apply again, which may be why you were rejected again so soon.
Do mention the customer service experience as it is a requirement and 13 years is more than enough. In the 'box' you should tailor your service experience to show that you meets the needs of a cabin crew member, things like teamwork, flexibility, adaptability, patience etc and prove to them how suitable you would be - this is your chance to sell yourself.
Also, do limit to just applying to one airline as you are setting yourself up for disappointment - also be aware that it may take 5 or 6 assessment days to finally get through. The airline recruitment process is very long and complicated... It isn't worth calling them as they do not give feedback, unfortunately as they would be bombarded with calls all the time from candidates who didn't make it. There are also sometimes unwritten rules with some airline regards things like age/nationalities/ language skills etc and these can change due to company requirements at any given time.
Good luck with your applications, cabin crew applications are not like any other, sometimes one airline isn't suited to you and another will be usually you have to find the right airline for you and it may not be your first choice...
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
Glass
#3  Re: Qatar Airways - twice rejection  Posted 04/09/2013 at 22:21
In reply to post #2...
Thank you for your response.

I double checked the basic requirements many times, so that for sure can not be the reason.
You might be right about the 6 months, maybe my fast reapplying resulted in the rejection, although they did not mention in the any of their e-mails which I received from them, that I may reapply again after 6 months.
Well I won't contact them. For now, I'll wait.
Thanks for your response. Hoping to get in some day ;-)

Anyone else had similar experiences?
         Jump to Top
user63692
Groupie
#4  Re: Qatar Airways - twice rejection  Posted 05/09/2013 at 00:25
In reply to post #1...
Its probably a blessing in disguise.

http://www.cabincrew.com/forums/before-applying-for-qatar-airways/175463/1
         Jump to Top
Glass
#5  Re: Qatar Airways - twice rejection  Posted 05/09/2013 at 19:57
In reply to post #4...