profile image
flyinggirl93
Qatar Airways tattoo's policy
profile image
flyinggirl93
Heey everyone!
I have one questions regarding tattoos.
Is it possible to get a job as cabin crew with one tattoo which is not visible?
I have heard that it is not allowed to have tattoos even there are not visible while wearing unform, is it true?
Can somebody affirm it?

thanks in advance :)
profile image
George Manole
hello I work for qatar airways. No tattoos allowed even if you can see them, they will check during medicals in qatar and you will be sent home happened with my friend. 1 week before graduation he was sent home because of his tattoo.
profile image
George Manole
hello I work for qatar airways. No tattoos allowed even if you can see them, they will check during medicals in qatar and you will be sent home happened with my friend. 1 week before graduation he was sent home because of his tattoo.
profile image
wowzimmer
Hey chicken_or_beef are you still working for Qatar? Is it still true that they fire crew for getting pregnant? I heard bad things about Qatar and this post seems to suggest that it has stopped now

https://alwayspaddleyourowncanoeblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/qatar-airways-gets-called-out-by-human-rights-groups-demands-boycott/
profile image
user16937
Are they litteraly taking ALL your clothes off during medicals???
I don't have tattoos, but I don't Think i'll be comfortabel without my bra or panties!!!
profile image
George Manole
Originally posted by @wowzimmer
Hey chicken_or_beef are you still working for Qatar? Is it still true that they fire crew for getting pregnant? I heard bad things about Qatar and this post seems to suggest that it has stopped now

https://alwayspaddleyourowncanoeblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/qatar-airways-gets-called-out-by-human-rights-groups-demands-boycott/

no they don't fire you, they move you to a ground job where no flying is involved and I think they give maternity leave now also
profile image
George Manole
Originally posted by @svh
Are they litteraly taking ALL your clothes off during medicals???
I don't have tattoos, but I don't Think i'll be comfortabel without my bra or panties!!!

no they check you with your underwear and bra still on
profile image
jan_5322
Just wanna hear real exp from actual QR cabin crew members here..
Regarding the medical in Doha. Is it just the same as the pre employment medical done in the country of origin? Because I didnt declare my tattoo but i undergone several laser treatments already and it is almost gone.. it will just leave a minor scar not keloid.. the tattoo is on my right shoulder. Will it be a problem?
profile image
George Manole
The medicals they do is blood test for hiv and for syphyllis (I think) I been here 3yrs with qr.

Urine test and hearing + eye test. Government does the hiv and also chest X-ray not qr.

Qr will check your body for tattoo, any tattoo visvale even it it was treated by laser will not be accepted if you can see it. If it leaves a big scar they might know it's from a tattoo. Morale of the story is 0% acceptance of tattoo.
profile image
QR_Candidate
Well said.

NO TATTOO policy ladies and gentlemen.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.12k 2 months ago
6 1.12k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.22k 1 year ago
8 8.22k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 1 month ago
8 2.91k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.4k 1 year ago
162 634.4k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.53k 1 year ago
39 427.53k 1 year ago by Aaron
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.51k 1 year ago
93 408.51k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.22k 9 months ago
266 595.22k 9 months ago by KL17
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe