profile image
crew294
Qatar Airways Rejects Scoliotic Applicants
profile image
crew294
Hi colleagues, i just want to share my thoughts of how sad i am because i was rejected by QR because of my lumbar scoliosis with 17.1 degrees (cobb's angle). A lot of people, including the orthopaedic doctors, say that once you have reached your skeletal maturity, the degree of your scoliosis cannot be reduced anymore (though there is but a very minimal chance). Is there anyone here or do you know anyone who did some exercises and stretching or the yoga pose vasisthasana (side plank) and had an improvement with their spine? Then after that, they tried again in QR and was hired? By the way, i am currently a crew and i am fit to fly in my airline.
profile image
Belle'd
That sucks

I personally don't know anyone, but I know other international airlines are less strict about it. I've heard that QR only accepts up to 15 degrees. Hope you find someone, good luck.
profile image
crew294
Thanks Belle'd! Actually, i don't know which is true, some say QR allows til 15*, some say 10*, so it would be safe if it's 10* below.
profile image
Angel_Eyes
profile image
crew294
So what's the use of asking for an Orthopaedic report if they will still reject you? Just move on, go for EK or EY. Even me after my treatment, i will try other airlines.
profile image
Angel_Eyes
profile image
crew294
The doctor recommended that i am fit for the employment but QR rejected me. Anyway, let us move on and don't lose hope. We can still apply to other airlines next time.
profile image
Francesco Selva
I had 10 degrees as well, was asked for at least three medical reports about my scoliosis and then rejection email!!!
profile image
.Petra.
First of all, I am so sorry guys Soooo many people have this and most of them dont even know about since its such a small degree. Plus, it does not affect your performance at work! They are so strict about it, QR must have one hell of an "upright"crew with no back problems whatsoever! But do not lose hope, try with other airlines, if you got to the FI, you definitely got what it takes
profile image
Angel_Eyes

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.09k 1 month ago
6 1.09k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.07k 1 year ago
8 8.07k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.37k 1 year ago
93 408.37k 1 year ago by David_Hume
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595k 8 months ago
266 595k 8 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.6k 1 year ago
31 372.6k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.46k 4 years ago
10 67.46k 4 years ago by user16937
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe