profile image
lorena72389
Qatar After FI.. Timeline & Forms
profile image
QR_Candidate
Rejection exists in the whole process. A candidate from my event got rejected after she sent the blood group certificate, her visa was already issued and she was waiting for a DOJ. Nobody will be able to understand why or how, it’s a matter of luck that’s all.
Another candidate in my event got left to Doha in less than 2 months. The rest 3 months, and the ones who are left ( me and three others ) we are waiting it’s been four month for us.
It should be clear that the process is rather misterious and nobody should take it seriously as everything is happening online and through scanning and emails.
Take it as an experience, if you succeed then that’s good, if not then it’s an experience that’s all.
Middle East airlines don’t base their decision on academia or job experience. Rather they base their decisions on how you look and how old are you. It’s a sad truth but it works for them. This is why most people don’t take these airlines seriously, they see the opportunity to travel around the world at a younger age and that’s IT. It is like a camp for youth in the Middle East. Leaves you in compelete awe how these airlines are succeeding.
I have seen brilliant individuals with outstanding academia and experiences that haven’t even gotten an invitation for the assessment day. And I have seen individuals who are still fresh out of high school and never worked before and can barely form a proper professional communication scheme and they made it to Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Try your luck with these airlines and enjoy the privileges until you get bored or Hurt then leave back to your country. But if you are strong you might build a career out of these airlines and have the best time of your life, only IF you know how..
profile image
user16937
Do you have any idea, WHY it takes so long? If we send additional photos, so what's to take to judge them longer than a week?
I finally called to Doha asking about my additional pictures and she said it didn't matter that I had sent only those without makeup, they're up for a review now. But she released more slots for me anyway.
It quite makes me wonder what purpose FAST has, same as the email address they have provided us with, if the only way to correct youe mistake is to call...
profile image
Bella12345
I dont think so.

----------------
Timeline:
OD, AD, FI and ACZ: 3rdJune
Additional photographs (face with and without makeup): 18th June
profile image
Bella12345
I will try to stay positive but it gets harder every day. Will update you if something change.

Timeline:
OD, AD, FI and ACZ: 3rdJune
Additional photographs (face with and without makeup): 18th June
profile image
Qatarbound
Wow... it's sad to read such things coming from someone who is aspiring to become cabin crew with Qatar Airways. There're undoubtedly major flaws in the recruitment process, and it certainly is way too long and very little transparent, which makes things difficult for us candidates. Nevertheless having an altogether pessimistic stance not just on the selection itself, but on the whole of the job you are applying for is somewhat sad. Bear in mind QR is a prestigious company with very high standards, so it's completely understandable that they uphold strict selecting criteria, that may seem bizarre for a newcomer but are for sure coherent and efficient for them. So it's the least we can do, I believe, to accept it as long as we are willing to be part of it, and be happy and positive and not rueful even before joining.
Keep the positive attitude up guys! GOOD LUCK to you all :)
profile image
user16937
Do you know if Emirates or Etihad also take that long or even longer? (Not intenting to apply, just curious), thanks!
profile image
Qatarbound
Not only do they follow the same selection patterns, but they are currently going through a recruitment freeze, so no short-term selection is on the horizon. Be positive my friend! Have confidence and crack on ;) best of luck to you!
profile image
user16937
Oh those cliches about staying positive ..:). Etihad is currently recruiting, so you're not right about the freeze. But you answered my question, so thanks!
profile image
QR_Candidate
Etihad max three months and u will be in Abu Dhabi. Everything is finalized during the final interview so you know if you are accepted or not. Not like QR..
profile image
QR_Candidate
Thanks for your reply. It will help a lot of new comers to be realistic about the job.
And by the way. The high standards you are talking about does not exist. I worked for two major ME airlines with the same so called high standards, and I have seen Crew barely performing their duties or cussing at passengers ( and the CM never reports them ).
There was a cabin manager at QR who threw a party at Johannesburg Airport - QR business lounge and got terminated. He eventually became an SEPM trainer at Etihad!
I don’t want to start on this topic and I will leave it for people to judge.
But anyway if people are serious about the job, they will have the best time of their lives. And sadly those who are not serious about the job, make it hell for the rest of us.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.09k 1 month ago
6 1.09k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.07k 1 year ago
8 8.07k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.37k 1 year ago
93 408.37k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.6k 1 year ago
31 372.6k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.01k 8 months ago
266 595.01k 8 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.25k 1 year ago
162 634.25k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle