profile image
Lorenka
Primera Air
profile image
Bumblebee1976
Great post Misssj28.
Very informative and interesting.
I've applied but I'm classed as non experienced as not flown in 20yrs.
What do you mean when you say "rosters are operated on a W"

I'm yet to hear from Asta, has any other non experienced crew heard? My friend, ex Monarch, has a AD on Monday for BHX.

Being a mum I'm not sure about working week on/away and week off/home. Don't think I'd like to leave the kids that long.
X

Ann Billingsley
profile image
Reb36
I just applied for Primera yesterday! I’m definitely not experienced, I’m only 18 but am currently working for a great airline on the ground.

I don’t know when we will hear back but obviously training would have to start in March I presume..ready for the first flights in mid April. So I would’ve thought they’d need to get going with AD’s this month, like your friend in BHX.

I hope it goes well, STN is my local airport and I made it through to the final round of the BA AD a few months back so I hope I have a chance.

W trip pattern may refer to it being like 2 1/2 trips as Such? Like the letter w if you follow it, I don’t know??.
It’s all a bit vague, the actual submission bit for my application was literally just my name and contact details and sent it off..but having put my cv/passport on earlier.
profile image
Reb36
So yes fingers cross us non- experienced hear soon
profile image
sfe2939
Originally posted by @Bumblebee1976

What do you mean when you say "rosters are operated on a W"

I believe she already answered that

Originally posted by @misssj288

Rosters are operated on a W, for example over 7-8 days you will operate STN-EWR-CDG-EWR-STN, followed by a period of 5-7 days off.
profile image
sfe2939
Originally posted by @Reb36
I just applied for Primera yesterday! I’m definitely not experienced, I’m only 18 but am currently working for a great airline on the ground.,

It states on their website you must be 21 or older to apply
profile image
Bumblebee1976
Bless you! Thank you for trying to help sfe2939
However I don't believe you have been able to clarify the information I was asking for. I wanted to know what the "W" meant. I understand the work pattern as it was very clearly explained.

Also on Asta application for Primera cabin crew no age is stated, it just says you have to have graduated high school grade 12.
profile image
Reb36
Where does it state this? It just says you must have graduated from high school (grade 12), I.e. 18 and above..
profile image
jknox
Originally posted by @Bumblebee1976
Bless you! Thank you for trying to help sfe2939
However I don't believe you have been able to clarify the information I was asking for. I wanted to know what the "W" meant. I understand the work pattern as it was very clearly explained.

Also on Asta application for Primera cabin crew no age is stated, it just says you have to have graduated high school grade 12.

A "W" route is as missj288 used as an example earlier, so depending where you are based it will be HUB-DESTINATION-HUB-DESTINATION-HUB, which on a map will form a W (See the example London-Newark-Paris-Newark-London)
profile image
airhostess19
Hey all,

I was at one of the December assessment days although I applied for BHX and got offered the position. I think since it was early days of assessments we weren't given as much info about roster etc as they seem to be giving out now.

With regards to W patterns will that only be out of STN? Was there anything else of note said about BHX rosters?

Much appreciated; pm if you prefer.

profile image
ENIK
I have applied back in December for BHX, I am not experienced cabon crew. Any one heard back for BHX assessments?

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

Eurowings Europe
1  3.24k 2 years ago
1 3.24k 2 years ago by FlyEla
UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.54k 1 year ago
2 1.54k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  61 2 months ago
1 61 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.88k 1 year ago
7 3.88k 1 year ago by Richard Costello

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.37k 7 months ago
57 183.37k 7 months ago by annaliona
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.45k 4 months ago
71 986.45k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Emirates Cabin Crew Apply 2022 Still waiting for the first interview and been wee...
11  7.12k 1 year ago
11 7.12k 1 year ago by RA26
Cabin Crew Travel Insurance Going The Extra Mile!
3  27.44k 1 year ago
3 27.44k 1 year ago by Tommie Marshall
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.27k 1 year ago
113 543.27k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan