profile image
Lorenka
Primera Air
profile image
Emma Lovell
Wondering if anyone can tell me how long it took for contract to come through after accepting offer.... was it through email or post?
profile image
flyboi1989
BE CARFUL

PLEASE

The company doing the contracts are extremely unprofessional. I worked for them previously and then one day they sent my whole course a generic email saying their client no longer needed us therefore not to turn up to work no pay no explanation.

They use different names Asta Staffing, Avia Personel, Mountain High. WHY so many?

They pass you from one to the other and we never got paid on time always late (16 days late once) and they didnt even apologise.

Horrendous. I know this Primera sounds like a good set up i even went to apply but soon as i seen the recruiting company I STOPPED.

Please be carful everyone.
profile image
emh9813
I’ve had a LOT of trouble with ASTA too. I got through to having an assessment and because I couldn’t make the original dates in early Jan, I just checked in with someone at the end of Jan to see if they had any others planned, and the reply I got was incredibly rude, a very long winded way of telling me no they didn’t. Which is fine, but I didn’t need the rudeness.

Then literally 2 days later they emailed me asking if I could come to and AD on a certain date and I responded within 5 minutes saying yes. 5 hours later I had a reply saying they were no longer requiring people for that position. I was like....so why did you ask me if I could attend this AD?! It seems they struggle to be honest with the candidates, and it’s unfortunate.
profile image
Lorenka
I think they are just very unorganised and the communication between ASTA and Primera is just very poor. Before I went to one of the BHX AD early January, they were saying they wanted as many ex Monarch crew as possible and lots of us turned up. They made us wait almost three weeks for the outcome and I ended up being told they had enough recruits and I would remain on their database until they need more... I think what happened there is that Primera literally waited until last minute to tell ASTA they didn't need that many crew in the end, because two days after that there were news everywhere about the flights cancelled from BHX... Poor communication and poor organisation, that doesn't sound very good...
profile image
sfe2939
They seem pretty organised to me, and to those already on their training course and those that start Monday.
A single bad experience isn’t really enough reason to come and starting mouthing off online, granted it may have been inconvenient for you, any “new” business is going to be a bit messy at the beginning I’m sure it’ll all be ironed out soon enough.
profile image
flyboi1989
Im just making people aware of what the company they will be working for was like when i worked for them. Your working for an agency not the actual airline. You can be dropped with a simple email if they don't want you anymore.
profile image
LivTuite94
Seeing as there are a few negative posts in regards to ASTA and Primera,i feel like i need to get my experience out there whist applying for Primera.
I applied and a week later I was invited to an Assessment day/ interview with ASTA. There were 2 recruiters there, which were lovely and made me feel very welcome. The interview was more of a chat to be able to get to know one another.I attended on the Tuesday and found out I was successful on the Friday. I couldn't start on the training date they gave me so they gave me a few other choices. Once I had sent through the required documents, i was sent my contract. I have emailed them questions too and they have always replied within half an hour (on weekdays) I start my training on 23rd July and I cant wait!!!!
profile image
Fmahmood
Primera are a great airline and great employer however you are not working for primera. You will be working for ASTA after hearing from a few friends what they are like I declined the offer. Here the main reasons why -

- They only pay you for 50 hours per month any hours you do over that will be classed as voluntary and you will not be paid for it and they will roster you for well over 50 hours per month.

- They refuse to recognise any union and that to me is very important to have a union you are vulnreble without it.

- Long layovers which may seem like a good thing but it is not as you are paid for flying hours not for the total hours you are away from home and in certain countires food is expensive you will end up spending a good 1/4 of your tiny salary on food.

- BHX has recently stopped doin long haul altogether meaning they will earn alot less than they are already.

- Junior CC can expect to earn no more £1000 per month.

All in all I just don't see them lasting very long people are leaving every week and theyre just very unproffesional. It is your decision but I would not personally go for it.
profile image
osborne
I've i got a int with them next Monday at STN anyone else going.

Love Cheryl.x
profile image
osborne
Hi cheryl here.
I went for my assesment day yesterday now waiting for my outcome now how long did anyone have to wait .i hopeing i got it and i be back up in the air again.

Love cheryl.

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

Eurowings Europe
1  3.24k 2 years ago
1 3.24k 2 years ago by FlyEla
UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.54k 1 year ago
2 1.54k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  62 2 months ago
1 62 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.88k 1 year ago
7 3.88k 1 year ago by Richard Costello

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.29k 1 year ago
113 543.29k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.51k 4 months ago
71 986.51k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Cabin Crew Advice Here to answer all your questions, everything cabi...
5  2.13k 1 year ago
5 2.13k 1 year ago by anna jackson
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.4k 7 months ago
57 183.4k 7 months ago by annaliona
Emirates Cabin Crew Apply 2022 Still waiting for the first interview and been wee...
11  7.12k 1 year ago
11 7.12k 1 year ago by RA26