profile image
misssj288
Primera Air vs Norwegian
profile image
misssj288
Hi guys and gals,

I have been to assessment days for both Norwegian long haul from Gatwick and Primera Air from Stansted, and I have today been offered employment at both.
Both offer pretty much the same pay, roster and benefits, what concerns me more is job security.

Norwegian today came out in the news as being in quite considerable debt, and Primera being a new airline to the UK may not do as well as they predict, however has a lot potential.
Can anybody please offer Any insight into both of the airlines, and the airline you would choose!

Thanks
profile image
aank
Originally posted by @misssj288
Hi guys and gals,

I have been to assessment days for both Norwegian long haul from Gatwick and Primera Air from Stansted, and I have today been offered employment at both.
Both offer pretty much the same pay, roster and benefits, what concerns me more is job security.

Norwegian today came out in the news as being in quite considerable debt, and Primera being a new airline to the UK may not do as well as they predict, however has a lot potential.
Can anybody please offer Any insight into both of the airlines, and the airline you would choose!

Thanks

Does Norwegian offer free accomodation and transportation as well?
profile image
user16937
There is a whole post on Norwegian ... and should give you some idea on what is going’s on.
profile image
Lauryne
Hi,
How are you?
I’ve seen that you got a job offer with primera. I have an ad next month ( I think, they haven’t confirm it yet) but I don’t know what to think about this company as it’s so small and unfamiliar. I have to travel from Ireland for the AD and I want to make sure it’s worth it.
What was your impression about the job? Did they mention what the rosters wil be like?
I would be very grateful if you can spare a moment to let me know what do you think and how the day was, how was the group exercise and any thing you can share with me.
And congratulations for getting Norwegian too. I have friends working with them in short haul and they love it, and other friends working in long haul and one loves it but the other one hates it because she is always on standby

Regards

Laura
profile image
misssj288
PM'd you
profile image
user16937
Originally posted by @Lauryne
Hi,
How are you?
I’ve seen that you got a job offer with primera. I have an ad next month ( I think, they haven’t confirm it yet) but I don’t know what to think about this company as it’s so small and unfamiliar. I have to travel from Ireland for the AD and I want to make sure it’s worth it.
What was your impression about the job? Did they mention what the rosters wil be like?
I would be very grateful if you can spare a moment to let me know what do you think and how the day was, how was the group exercise and any thing you can share with me.
And congratulations for getting Norwegian too. I have friends working with them in short haul and they love it, and other friends working in long haul and one loves it but the other one hates it because she is always on standby

Regards

Laura

Unfortunately rostering here at LH does not seem to have any form of fair share or logic to it. A friend of mine off my course, who has now left to go to Qantas flew twice in 3 months and spent more on hotels to do Standby than he earned.
Salary is in great at LH LGW either... hoping that pay talks will help to get this sorted but who knows.
My partner who is on a diff AOC to me has just done 10 days of Standby, now 2 days off and then a trip and then 2 days off and another 12 days of Standby, yet a friends of mine has not had Standby in 2 months and another also gets Standby but always gets called!,, no logic or fair rostering at all.
profile image
user16937
Also LH LGW are the lowest paid base.
profile image
user16937
Hi

Can I ask what the Primera job is like Salary etc.. what was said in AD as was thinking it could be an alternative to Norwegian for my partner and I... are they UK based?
profile image
Dylan John Brock
Hi

I have an assessment with Priema Air, would it be possible to get some information about roster, salary, training, what was you impression about the company.

All help is much appreciated

Dylan

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

Eurowings Europe
1  3.24k 2 years ago
1 3.24k 2 years ago by FlyEla
UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.54k 1 year ago
2 1.54k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  62 2 months ago
1 62 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.88k 1 year ago
7 3.88k 1 year ago by Richard Costello

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.53k 4 months ago
71 986.53k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.29k 1 year ago
113 543.29k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.41k 7 months ago
57 183.41k 7 months ago by annaliona
Cabin Crew Travel Insurance Going The Extra Mile!
3  27.44k 1 year ago
3 27.44k 1 year ago by Tommie Marshall
Cabin Crew Advice Here to answer all your questions, everything cabi...
5  2.13k 1 year ago
5 2.13k 1 year ago by anna jackson