profile image
JennieLiu
Open Day in another country
profile image
JennieLiu
I'm from Vietnam. I want to apply for Emirates in Indonesia at Open Day. And what should I do then? Anyone else in the same situation ? Or Is anyone from Indonesian can help me, please?
profile image
psdk112
Hey, you can just simply attend the open day as it is open for all, any nationality can attend an open day. Make sure you don't leave indonesia on first day as the assesment day is on the second day.

Good luck!

JAKARTA OPEN DAY
Jakarta
Venue TBC (Candidates are requested to please bring an updated CV and 1 photo)
profile image
142f
Hi, I'm Indonesian and I think you should wait until they announced where the venue is, don't buy the ticket first cuz there's still chance they're gonna cancel it.
And also, book at least 2 nights for hotel, you never know how much people are gonna come or whether or not you pass the stage and they want you to attend the AD/FI the next day
But I think you should apply in first because you never know you probably will get invite to attend AD in Bangkok since it's nearer to your place or there's gonna be an OD in Vietnam, you never know
profile image
Jenm
Hello, I'm in a similar situation with you. Chinese live in Japan. Applied at Japan but the AD is through an agency. Send the application but didn't got invited for the initial screening. I have no idea why i didn't get invited even for the initial screening, since i meet all the requirements. so i want to try the open day in Djakarta. I'm planing to stay there 4 or 5 days because they might have AD after OD, but I'm not sure if i can make it to final, how long should I stay. Any other friends like us?
profile image
Uptown Girl
Hi to you all guys!!

Has anyone been to an Open Day recently? Would you be so kind just to describe the procedure, how applicants get notified if they they have been qualified for the Assesment Day? Few years ago, they used to call people... What is the new procedure?

Thank you in advance

With appreciation
profile image
samweiss
It's more or less the same, similar tasks. The one I went to 2 months ago was a CV drop of on day 1, then you'd get an email in the evening whether you've made it to the AD, then there were two days of AD so you'd be assigned to one of them and then 3 days of final interviews, again you'd be assigned to one.
profile image
Uptown Girl
Hey samweiss, thank you for your quick answer

You helped me a lot. I am planning to attend OD, but I have a few more things to do on the same day, so I would not be able to spend the entire day at the hotel. Since an OD is in Europe, in a city where at least 300 or 400 people are expected, I believe it will be just the way you described

Congratulations on your success and all the best
profile image
samweiss
Well if you sit close to the front then you'll drop off your CV in no time and will be able to do whatever you want, what I think is a bit more of a problem is the AD and it's kind of hard to plan for that as you don't even know what day it'll be on..
profile image
Miho Shibata
Hi, I'm also from Japan. I'm thinking about attending open day in Jakarta too. I'm currently doing skin treatments. If I feel good about my skin by then maybe I'll go. I'll be going through Narita Airport.
profile image
JennieLiu
thanks for your helpful answer. I'm very confused . I applied online on May 1st , but the status job wasn't change. The recruiter didn't review it . AD in Bangkok, Korea and Japan is coming near , but there is no news for me . I'm worried they won't held OD in VietNam . So, I plan to attend to OD in Indoneisia about 4days include FI. I'm shorting some money for travel espenses and I tried to find someone in my country who attend OD in Indoneisia with me. But nobody.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.12k 1 week ago
7 1.12k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.23k 1 year ago
8 8.23k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.91k 2 months ago
8 2.91k 2 months ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.68k 1 year ago
31 372.68k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.46k 1 year ago
162 634.46k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
bmi & bmibaby All posts relating to bmi!
6  47.04k 5 years ago
6 47.04k 5 years ago by dgill
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.31k 9 months ago
266 595.31k 9 months ago by KL17