profile image
chloe0301
Norwegian Long Haul
profile image
chloe0301
Hello!

I've been noticing a lot of adverts lately from Norwegian, recruiting for LGW long haul.

Just sent in my application, wondering if any of you have any experience in flying for them? I've previously flown, for a middle eastern airline and a UK carrier recently. I do love long haul so in that sense I think it will be good for me. However, I live in the north west, do any of you know of anyone who commutes? My previous airline offered discounts on trains etc... Do Norwegian offer this kind of benefit? Cheap flights to MAN or?

I do know it does say you have to live or be willing to live within 90 minutes, so it's understandable.

Also, salary? I don't see many posts around discussing salary. I assume it might not be allowed? However if someone could PM me to let me know what take home pay averages at? That would be great, lot of things to weigh up before knowing whether to progress my application.

Thanks alot!

profile image
user16937
Sent a PM for you
profile image
shanec_1986
Originally posted by @chloe0301
Hello!

I've been noticing a lot of adverts lately from Norwegian, recruiting for LGW long haul.

Just sent in my application, wondering if any of you have any experience in flying for them? I've previously flown, for a middle eastern airline and a UK carrier recently. I do love long haul so in that sense I think it will be good for me. However, I live in the north west, do any of you know of anyone who commutes? My previous airline offered discounts on trains etc... Do Norwegian offer this kind of benefit? Cheap flights to MAN or?

I do know it does say you have to live or be willing to live within 90 minutes, so it's understandable.

Also, salary? I don't see many posts around discussing salary. I assume it might not be allowed? However if someone could PM me to let me know what take home pay averages at? That would be great, lot of things to weigh up before knowing whether to progress my application.

Thanks alot!

Hi Chloe.

I've also just applied for Norwegian two days ago. I don't have any crew experience though. Apparently it takes quite a while for Norweigan's agency to get back to applicants regarding the outcome of the online assessments.
profile image
MoonEntropy
Usually they take 20/25 days for the online assessment results
profile image
user16937
Plus it comes from a Co called OSM not Norwegian
profile image
chloe0301
Been invited for assessment day.

Had a few people tell me they aren’t a good company to work for and that take home pay isn’t brilliant. However, don’t norwegian crew receive their overnight allowances in their salary? Surely they get more than 1100 per month with that taken into consideration? I’m currently working ten times harder than I did as cabin crew and much more stressed for 1200 per month ????

Help! Do I go? Anyone who’s actually Norwegian crew here???

Thank you!!!
profile image
Candiceje
I applied around 2/3 weeks ago and got an email invitation for AD on Monday. I'll be attending the AD on April 2nd @ LGW

I'm intrigued as to the salary and roster situation too Chloe. Unfortunately in aviation you always hear negatives, looking to speak to someone with some actual helpful advice! A lot of people complained about EJ, but 3 years there and I loved it! Think it's all objective and your outlook on the job.
profile image
user16937
Good Morning everyone!

I have my AD with Norwegian Long Haul in 2 weeks.
After a wait for the online test outcome, applied in January;

I would like to know please, if you are successful, after how long you will start.
I have booked my summer holidays so, I cannot start till September/October

Thank you
profile image
Karl Hargreaves
Very true! You always hear the negatives of the company.

I’ve been here 2 years and more than happy to help with any questions you have, feel free to PM me or message me on Instagram @kjsharg93

Good Luck!
profile image
LouieGirl
Hi. The website states you must be prepared to relocate to London. Is it possible to commute from home (about 4 hours away)? Does any free already do this? Thanks in advance.

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

Eurowings Europe
1  3.23k 2 years ago
1 3.23k 2 years ago by FlyEla
UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.53k 1 year ago
2 1.53k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  59 1 month ago
1 59 1 month ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.88k 1 year ago
7 3.88k 1 year ago by Richard Costello

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.22k 1 year ago
113 543.22k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.32k 7 months ago
57 183.32k 7 months ago by annaliona
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.3k 4 months ago
71 986.3k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Qatar airways rejoining Qatar airways rejoining rejoiner rejoiners ex-crew...
3  334 1 year ago
3 334 1 year ago by Josie
Cabin Crew Advice Here to answer all your questions, everything cabi...
5  2.12k 1 year ago
5 2.12k 1 year ago by anna jackson