robyn2k16
Norwegian 787 Long Haul Crew - Gatwick
profile image
user16937
Euro91 what date is your assessment day for the SH operation
profile image
Daniellefbarrett85
I have applied for LH and SH.
Anyone got any info on SH? Rough idea of destinations/Rotas etc?
Thanks
profile image
cc2015
Hi! Thank you for your post! :)

I did some research about the company and got quite impressed about the fleet and everything. So eventually decided to apply for LH position too :)

Can someone tell me more about the training? Where is it normally held and how long is it normally? Do you have to pay for it and how is it like?

Also would be curious about the assessment day. So those who get through the application process get invitation to their AD, right? What does their AD normally include? Do they measure and have other height and reach test like many other airline? How about if you get through and they offer you start date, is it possible to postpone due to personal reasons?

Just applied yesterday so apparently might take quite a long time to hear from them :s Still I'm very excited! :) Already working for a different airline but would prefer long hauls etc. :)

Thanks a million!! :)
profile image
cc2015
Posted twice, sorry
profile image
nataliel84
I applied 10 days ago and have not heard anything yet so I'm guessing they'll wait until the closing date before getting back to people....
profile image
LittleNewbie
We tend to stay quite close to the airport but things are changing contasyantly here at Norwegian and they are improving on the hotels. We have moved a couple of hotels (for the better ie away from the airports etc) I wouldn't say the NY hotel is close to the city bit we've just moved areas which is an improvement so little steps lol

We don't have to pay for training. If u have flown before the course is 2 weeks long but if u have not flown before the course is 3 weeks long. Some courses have trained in LGW and NORWAY (they pay for flights and hotels) or some courses have been entirely run at LGW. I would say compared to other airlines the course is quite easy but obviously u have exams to pass and practicals and I am an ex flyer so knew what to expect. A new flyer might find it harder. The trainers are lovely. We get paid basic salary for training which can be tough to live on!
profile image
cc2015
Hi! once again, thank you! :)

Wow that training sounds short.. :s I'm already working for an airline so basically have the basic idea :) I'm trained for 737-800 tho and the training was 6 weeks. Obviously with this position trainers will be trained for 787 (love the idea!). Anyway I hope this is advantage as I already have some flying experience even it's different a/c :)

I personally think Norwegian is quite an impressive airline! When I noticed they're recruiting I started to do some research about the company and their fleet etc so really want to work for them :)

But back to assessment day and recruiting process, how did you find them? What different activities did they have? I got AD with BA before and it was quite tough :s But nothing comes easy! That's why I'm glad I got through with other airline so could have a chance to gain flying experience and then try other more international airlines :)
profile image
cc2015
Hi again everyone!

As I'm still waiting for Norwegian to reply, I'm getting more and more excited about the position. :)

There's only one thing I haven't found any information: height requirement. It only says in their ad that I need to able to reach the overhead lockers, and I can. Still I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me how tall they're expecting me to be if I get through to their interview and how to they test this, with a reach test or just simply measure? Sorry I just want to make sure I meet all the requirements for sure before getting toooo excitied. :) Just thinking maybe they changed their requirements recently accoring to height.

Many other airline only test how high you're able to reach and I personally believe it's better as this is the main reason for cabin crew to be tall enough: be able to reach the safety equipments.

Thank you! :)
profile image
KamilaT
Hi everyone, I applied for both SH and LH few daya ago and got an email today about completing questionnaire online. Has anybody done it yet and would share some other experience?
profile image
osborne
Hi all
I have applied for sh and lh aswel Gatwick when should we hear does anyone know.

Other discussions going on within Current Cabin Crew Jobs

Eurowings Europe
1  3.24k 2 years ago
1 3.24k 2 years ago by FlyEla
UK Cabin Crew looking for a ch...
2  1.54k 1 year ago
2 1.54k 1 year ago by Grace Brown
Searching for job for cabin cr... Hello every one hope you are going well ,please he...
1  61 2 months ago
1 61 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Looking to speak to cabin crew
1  3.6k 3 years ago
1 3.6k 3 years ago by irahmanjones
European Citizen need presettl...
7  3.88k 1 year ago
7 3.88k 1 year ago by Richard Costello

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Qatar Airways status QR status change
4  3.78k 7 months ago
4 3.78k 7 months ago by Taira
Interviews Tell us your experiences!
71  986.45k 4 months ago
71 986.45k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.27k 1 year ago
113 543.27k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.37k 7 months ago
57 183.37k 7 months ago by annaliona
Emirates Cabin Crew Apply 2022 Still waiting for the first interview and been wee...
11  7.12k 1 year ago
11 7.12k 1 year ago by RA26