Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- LHR Trainee Crew/Double Room & Bathroom Burnham
- Manchester Open Day 12th Feb
- criminal record?
- How long to hear from Qatar after Final Interview
- Qatar Airways. Am i going to receive regret email?
- Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew
- March AD
- Qatar Airways Medical
- Qatar Reassessment

My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!

Author
  Topic Started By:  Lanzaroteprincess    On:  Sun 15th July, 2018 at 23:28
Lanzaroteprincess
#1  My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!  Posted 15/07/2018 at 23:28
My last post on this forum was bleak , I had just faced my third rejection from emirates in 2014. I’ve been rejected two more times since then , once at an open and once at the online application stage. I was rejected my Etihad twice , Virgin I never made it past the online application, same with easy jet , monarch and Qatar. TUI and Thomas cook i was unable to attend the assessment , and BA I was rejected once at the online stage and was unable to attend an assessment until June and I was FINALLY SUCCESSFUL ! Five years of trying and my dream will finally come true it’s actually 25 applications I’ve done and 20 rejections !!!!! 5 were unfortunately bad timings that left me gutted :(

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP! Some of us will need to show more perseverance than others and try more than once , I can’t believe I’ve finally done it I never thought this day would come :)

To those facing rejection please keep up the hard work , learn and study hard and you’ll get there too I promise !

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THOSE CHINS UP X
Edited 15/07/2018 @ 23:31 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Belenix
Spain
#2  Re: My silver lining ... 20 rejections.... FINALLY  Posted 16/07/2018 at 08:45
In reply to post #1...
Congratulations!!!!
It has been a long way but you have it now! I hope you enjoy flying and I am sure you will be super prepared for it!
Perseverance is absolutely worthed and I am sure is your time now ??????????????
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#3  Re: My silver lining ... 20 rejections.... FINALLY  Posted 16/07/2018 at 08:57
In reply to post #1...
Well done!

Commitment to the cabin crew job is essential and it takes a lot of time and effort - you have proved that...

Most people who achieve their cabin crew job this way, will be in the industry for a long time as it becomes a true passion and something that just becomes your life.

I am sure your post will bring inspiration to other potential crew on their cabin crew journey and remind them if they really want to do this - don't give up! Your time will come...
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
Lanzaroteprincess
#4  Re: My silver lining ... 20 rejections.... FINALLY  Posted 18/07/2018 at 09:27
In reply to post #3...
Thank you , you really are testament to the perseverance rule ! I find you very inspiring and listening to your advice really paid off so for that I am forever grateful.

I hope others take heed and do not give up because you will achieve your dream

Jump to Top
Learntofly80
Portugal
#5  Re: My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!  Posted 31/07/2018 at 13:43
In reply to post #1...

Originally posted by Lanzaroteprincess

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP! Some of us will need to show more perseverance than others and try more than once , I can’t believe I’ve finally done it I never thought this day would come :)

To those facing rejection please keep up the hard work , learn and study hard and you’ll get there too I promise !

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THOSE CHINS UP X

Congrats!
You are a inspiration...
         Jump to Top
Flymetothemoonx
United Kingdom
#6  Re: My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!  Posted 19/08/2018 at 19:23
Congratulations!!
That is incredible news!
Onwards and upwards (Literally and figuratively)
<3
         Jump to Top
Lanzaroteprincess
#7  Re: My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!  Posted 23/12/2018 at 21:40
In reply to post #1...
Thanks guys

It’s nearly the end of my first month flying, the training as hard but I’m loving the job. I’ve just returned from my first trip to the USA and next month I’m off to my dream destination of Sydney. I really am living the dream
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#8  Re: My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!  Posted 24/12/2018 at 07:44
In reply to post #7...
Excellent - really pleased that you are loving the job. Exciting times ahead
         Jump to Top
Lanzaroteprincess
#9  Re: My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!  Posted 15/10/2019 at 21:57
In reply to post #1...
I've been flying almost a year now !!! 34 countries and counting and it was definitely WORTH the heartbreak x
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#10  Re: My silver lining.. 20 rejections..Finally!  Posted 16/10/2019 at 09:02
In reply to post #9...
Thanks for updating us! Yes it is really all worth it in the end...

Like you, I had many rejections at the start but finally my hard work paid off and I joined the airline of my dreams. I started out on a 6 month contract and ended up staying with them for 6 years - I absolutely loved it. 19 years on, I am still working in aviation and still flying now and again...
         Jump to Top