profile image
djbrazil
My Emirates Interview Experiences (TIPS & ADVICE)
profile image
djbrazil
HELLO EVERYONE! THIS POST IS FROM MY BLOG, I REALLY HOPE IT CAN HELP YOU GUYS OUT!!! CHECK MY BLOG OUT AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS, GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE!

http://www.djbrazilsworld.blogspot.com

I just had my interviews with an International Airline to work as cabin crew in Dubai, U.A.E. and in this post I am going to share my first of many to come experiences, and this one is just about how I was able to succeed throughout the interview process to get to the final point, awaiting for the famous "GOLDEN CALL". Here are my advises to future candidates interested for this work opportunity. In this article I will explain exactly the procedures of the interviews, and share my secrets that led me to a positive outcome on making to the Final Interview and on possibly getting the job... Believe me, it’s worth it! Getting paid to travel the world while living "The Lifestyle"!!! Unbelievable.

Requirements:

-Minimum age 21 years at the time of application.
-Minimum arm reach of 212cms (on tip toes), which will enable you to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types.
-Educated to at least high school level with strong problem solving skills.
-Fluency in written/spoken English (fluency in another language is an asset).
-Medically fit to meet aircrew requirements.
-Have a positive attitude with the natural ability to provide excellent service working within a team environment, dealing with people from all cultures.

Interviews:

Open day
No seat booking is required for these dates/Open Day events
There are many vacancies. Candidates are not competing with each other.
The event is OPEN TO ALL interested people who meet the requirements.
Be on time as the event starts at the time indicated above.
Pay attention to dress code and documents needed below.
Read and understand the requirements listed at their website.
ENGLISH MUST BE ADVANCED!

BEFORE THE OPEN DAY YOU MUST REGISTER YOURSELF AT THEIR WEBSITE,

Dress code: Business Attire
Gentlemen - Suiet and tie with hair appropriately groomed.
Ladies - A knee length skin coloured stockings/pantyhose. Hair should be up or tied back if length exceeds your shoulder.

What to bring to the Open Day:
-Updated CV (Curriculum Vitae) > Now, on the CV, make it clear and un-cluttered, if you’ve had any previous customer service experience then this is a very good idea to have at the top of your resume. Remember, if you haven’t got any previous customer service experience it is not a problem, you’ll probably strike them with something else ! If they think they can train you in customer service they WILL DO IT !
-6 Passport Size (4.5x3.5 cm) Photographs > business attire, neatly groomed, looking gorgeous, no scarfs, light make-up for women, non for men !and most importantly SMILE (even french citizens should smile on those Passport photos). A genuine smile will make the difference when your file is in that pile.
-2 Full Sized (10×15 cm) Photographs in Business Attire > Suit, white shirt, tie and shoes for men / Knee length skirt or dress with skin coloured stockings (no scarf) for women. Those photographs will be presented a round table of judges back in Dubai as per the recruitment officer I had, so keep SMILING, give the best of you !
-2 casual Full Sized (10×15 cm) Photographs > those photos must be of you in a natural setting, casually dressed, not smoking nor drinking. Alone is best, if you haven’t got any alone, then ones where the recruitment officer can recognize you.
-2 Coloured Photocopies of your Passport
-Photocopies of School Certificates
-Photocopies of Parents Wedding and Birth Certificates
-BLACK PEN

Open Day Details:
Company presentation and videos
Questions and answers
It is expected to last around 3 to 5 hours depending on number of candidates
All details will be explained during the event.
The above events are open to ALL interested candidates.
If you are successful, you will be invited to attend the next stage ASSESSMENT DAY, which will be in a different day.

Assessment Day
This event is for who passed the OPEN DAY, you will receive an email about your invitation to participate in this event. (Only invited Candidates may participate in the ASSESSMENT DAY).
You will bring everything you brought to the Open Day.
And follow the same requirements and advises for the Open Day.

Assessment Day Details:
Welcoming Speech
Company presentation and videos
Personal Questions Interview
Group Discussion About Given Topic
English Test (If applicable)
Personal Essay (It can be about you or a given topic, it needs an intro, body and conclusion...)
Paperwork Handout and Information
Online Personality Profile Test Directions (It will be sent to your personal email for you to complete it at home on your own.)
And Scheduling of FINAL INTERVIEW

Final Interview
This event is for who passed the ASSESSMENTS DAY, you will receive the answer at the same day of your Assessments Day Interview with the date and time of your FINAL INTERVIEW.
You will bring everything you brought to the Open Day and Assessments Day.
And follow the same requirements and advises for the Open Day and Assessments Day.
You will need to have all the paperwork filled out correctly
You will need to have all the photocopies and original documents in hands
You will need to have done an ONLINE PERSONALITY PROFILE TEST at home before coming to this Final Interview.

Final Interview Details:
-The recruitments Agent will call you from the waiting lobby to a private office room.
-She/He will ask you for all your paperwork.
-Then she/he will start asking you this type of questions;
Tell us about a time when you received a constructive criticism feedback from your boss in one of your previous jobs?
From all of your previous jobs which one was the most challenging and why?
Tell us about a day in which you had a very stressful day and how was it and what did you do to make it better and how did you handle it?
Tell me about a difficult client you had and how did you solve his/hers problem?
Describe a situation when you had a problem with a colleague at work and how was the outcome of this situation? How did you re-solve it?
From your multi-cultural experience, what is the nationality that you would have more difficulty in dealing with the most and why? Or which one would you like it the most and why?
Tell me a time where you had to make a decision for your colleagues at work?
Tell me about the worst mistake of your life?
Tell me about what does your manager/boss think of you?
Tell me when your colleagues did not agree with your idea/decision?
Tell me when you were upset of a complaint you had received?
Tell me your biggest life achievement so far?
Tell me what you know about Dubai?
Tell me what you know about the Airlines?
Etc...

-Then she/he will ask you if you have any questions or anything to say?
Answer: (If you have any questions you may ask Her/He…) Or just make sure to say thank you for the opportunity of this interview and for the recruiter’s time and attention with you. Make sure to leave them with a very positive close up, which will make a good impact in their decision! (Make sure to not plead them for the job, act professional and don’t ask them for their answer and opinion about the outcome of the interview).
-Then last but not least, the recruiter will tell you in a very professional way that you will receive the answer of the outcome of your interview within 4-6 weeks via a phone call to the given numbers in your application. And then they will shake your hand and wish you GOOD LUCK!!!

Allrite, this is all I have to say, I truly hope it helps everybody!!! Please share this tips with your friends and leave a comment down below about it! If you have any questions or would like to get some more tips and advises about the interviews, please feel free to contact me! Take care, and good luck!!!

Now, I am just anxiously awaiting for the so called "GOLDEN CALL" with the news that I succeeded on my Final Interview and been hired!!! It's crazy, for some reason it feels like this is the most important call of my life, LOL, I feel so scared and excited at the same time and once I get this call I will seriously freak out! But in the meantime, much love and positivity for everyone out there that is also trying to get the job!!!
profile image
hellomartin2008
Thanks for the info! :)
profile image
djbrazil
You're welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Take care and good luck!!!
profile image
Dreamyfly
Hey DJ Brazil,

I responded on your bIog. I am currently living in India and they do not have any Open Days up on the schedule here. They have a global assessment day but that is for people who speak indian languages(Bengali etc)

I am Irish and American! (I speak English and Spanish)

Do you know how I can find out about Open Days in Dubai and perhaps fly over for it? I am so anxious to join Emirates Cabin Crew! Do you have o speak Arabic?

Please advise. Thank you!
profile image
djbrazil
Hi! You're welcome!!! It's possible, but you need to apply on the internet and have someone overthere reference you to get that AD. I had my brother who works for the company reference me to his manager, thats the only reason why i went overthere for my interviews, plus they were'nt having interviews in Sao paulo Brazil during that time... Because its required to speak Arabic to have the interviews overthere, but sometimes they allow other people to go. Anyways, just try to submit your application to them and see if they will respond... Good luck!
profile image
chuffer421
Hey DJbrazil,

What sorts of answers do they expect from you?? and can you help me with it.

Just wanna reconfirm again on the open day, are we goin thru the initial test??

Many Thanks
Chris
profile image
djbrazil
Hi,

I will send you a private messege with some more advises about that!
profile image
Jamaicanbreed
Hello DjBrazil. I hope you're doing well. First of all, Thanks a lot on such an in depth information about queries regarding the Cabin Crew job. I wanted to ask you if you could provide a few answers from the questions that were asked in the interview? It could possibly give me an hint on how your answer should be. Regards. Good day.
profile image
djbrazil
HI,

WELL, BASICALLY YOU NEED TO USE YOUR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES AND MAKE SURE TO HAVE ALL THIS ANSWERS IN THE TIP OF YOUR TONGUE AND BE HONEST ABOUT THEM, DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE IT TOO MUCH AND MAKE UP LIES… TELL THE TRUTH AND ALWAYS HAVE A POSITIVE CONCLUSION TO ANY OF YOUR ANSWERS… THINK ABOUT ALL THE ANSWERS AND WRITE THEM IN A PIECE OF PAPER SO YOU WILL MEMORIZE THEM, AND TRY TO ONLY REMEMBER THE POSITIVE ONES… AND PRACTICE THEM AT YOUR HOUSE BEFORE THE INTERVIEW IN FRONT OF A MIRROR, SO YOU WILL BE CONFIDENT AND NATURAL TO ANSWER THESE TYPES OF QUESTIONS AT THE INTERVIEWS!!!

GOOD LUCK!
profile image
Jamaicanbreed
Thank you so much DjBrazil. You have given your interview I understand and are on a hold at the moment in regards to a confirmation *I do hope you get it soon* :-) Another query that I have is, I have worked in the Automobiles Industry before, in Dubai that is. My brother owns his own Showroom and I was a Sales Representative there. Could that be mentioned in the part where you have to state your previous employment? should I ever mention that it was My own Family's company. Regards.

Other discussions going on within Interviews

How long after did you receive...
1  3.79k 1 year ago
1 3.79k 1 year ago by Aman AlMethalya
Cabin crew How to apply
0  71 -
0 71 -
Norwegian Dublin base
18  4.5k 4 months ago
18 4.5k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wizz air video interview
6  7.54k 3 years ago
6 7.54k 3 years ago by apopa4
Interview cracking tips
2  3.89k 1 year ago
2 3.89k 1 year ago by Ibtesam Abdullah

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.89k 2 months ago
126 958.89k 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.4k 7 months ago
57 183.4k 7 months ago by annaliona
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.28k 1 year ago
113 543.28k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Emirates Cabin Crew Apply 2022 Still waiting for the first interview and been wee...
11  7.12k 1 year ago
11 7.12k 1 year ago by RA26
Postpone Emirates DOJ Will Emirates accept to postpone my DOJ ? by how m...
1  625 -
1 625 -