- Etihad status after Digital interview
- Etihad AD registration
- Emirate/Etihad last Update
- Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew
- Emirates Recruitment Process
- United Airlines @ LHR
- Emirates application
- Emirates Video interview

My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)

Author
  Topic Started By:  ellie21    On:  Tue 2nd October, 2018 at 12:51
ellie21
Spain
#2  My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 02/10/2018 at 12:51
Hey!!

I think I really want to be cabin crew, but I'm not sure if I could be with an international company, which is what I want. I am really small (around 154cm or 5'05'').
I registered for an interview with Emirates, but I'm not sure whether I can reach the arm reach test (just tried and can only reach around 206cm). I really wanted to work for this company.

However, I am multingual (Speak Spanish and English as a second language, can speak Mandarin, German and a bit of French). I don't think I can pass the test to work with them, however.

What do you think? Has anyone ever been hired by Emirates withouth passing the height tests?

If not, do you think I could work for a similar company, or is trying to go to interviews just a waste of time for me?
         Jump to Top
jknox
Groupie
#4  Re: My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 03/11/2018 at 10:27
Unfortunately Emirates strictly enforce a 5’2” minimum height at their assessment days :(
         Jump to Top
cabincrewconsultant
#5  Re: My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 13/12/2018 at 09:22
In reply to post #2...
The height requirement is absolutely essential for the airlines - this is because you must be able to reach the emergency equipment onboard the aircraft. This is often the first thing that will be tested at any assessment/open day - so if you can't reach that far then unfortunately they will send you home....
Cabin Crew Consultant - www.cabincrewconsultant.weebly.com
         Jump to Top
user104541
#6  Re: My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 23/02/2019 at 23:32
Edited 30/12/2019 @ 06:49 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
MoonEntropy
Italy
#7  Re: My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 25/02/2019 at 07:27
In reply to post #2...
I heard about Malaysia Airlines that has set a minimum height only for males, so there’s no limit for females. You also speak mandarin, why not? Malaysia is an international airline too but they are based in Kuala Lumpur, not too much distance from Dubai
         Jump to Top
speed
United Kingdom
#8  Re: My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 25/02/2019 at 09:35
Malaysian airlines only recruit Malaysian nationality . Unless it's recruiting in your country.
         Jump to Top
Hayley_Stainton
United Kingdom
#9  Re: My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 25/02/2019 at 18:58
In reply to post #2...
It will be ok with some airlines which use smaller aircraft! I have lots of resources on my website www.becomingcabincrew.com which I think might be helpful for you?
Hayley Stainton
www.becomingcabincrew.com
         Jump to Top
user101657
#10  Re: My dream is to be Cabin Crew (Help: Emirates)  Posted 25/02/2019 at 20:46
In reply to post #6...
Who are webclift
         Jump to Top