profile image
empik86
My Crushed Dreams
profile image
empik86
Hi all I just want to tell everyone of my experience with FLYBE.

I applied back in 2018 for Cardiff base and was invited to attend an Assessment Day at Exeter in the December, I was so so excited and over the moon! I drove down the night before and paid to stay in a hotel I prepared and made sure to look the part, I thoroughly enjoyed the assessment day and made it through to the final interview. I waited 2 weeks and heard that I was successful and would be placed in the hold pool that was fine I was just so happy to have made it!

weeks went by then months so I chased them up apparently I was "5th" in the hold pool, I wanted to make sure if there was a time limit on the hold pool as some delete your application after so long, I was assured that I would remain in the hold pool until training became available. So I kept patient all the time checking my emails. In November 2019 I was sent a "hold pool newsletter" thanking me for me my patience and also checking if I still wish to remain in the hold pool to which I Replied yes of course!

Then....
I checked my email 2 weeks ago and there was an email from FLYBE I was hopeful that It was the THE email informing me of training. instead (and I will post it later on here) it was a blunt email informing me that my application would be withdrawn with immediate effect, another girl who made it through on the same day had the same too. Apparently its because of data protection HOWEVER it had been 15 months and I was assured I would remain until however long needed. ALSO I know of someone who remained in the pool for over 2 years.
I contacted FLYBE who were basically no help at all and told me I would be more than welcome to apply again!

I went through al that effort, hotel, petrol to Exeter, preparation, assessment day, interview, got the job then told our applications are withdrawn.

I was so upset, confused, and basically my dreams have been dashed, I was kept hanging on for 15 months. If anything if this is how they treat people I wouldn't want to work for them. I have been offered AD's with Virgin BA and various other airlines so they have lost what would have been a hardworking, dedicated cabin crew member.

I just wanted to give my story and also to ask if anyone has been through the same with them?

Other discussions going on within FLYBE

Successful/ Unsuccessful
3  8.87k 3 years ago
3 8.87k 3 years ago by juankax
Staff Travel Swap
1  4.77k 6 years ago
1 4.77k 6 years ago by LouiseOH92
Assessment day 21st feb
1  7.65k 4 years ago
1 7.65k 4 years ago by Rikki Hart
NQY application
3  6.1k 4 years ago
3 6.1k 4 years ago by FlyMLP
Anyone contacted for interview...
1  6.17k 4 years ago
1 6.17k 4 years ago by Dario Frati

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.23k 9 months ago
266 595.23k 9 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.41k 1 year ago
162 634.41k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.51k 1 year ago
93 408.51k 1 year ago by David_Hume