< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Marie Bond    On:  Tue 8th February, 2011 at 23:54
Josh258
Groupie
#11  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 18:59

Originally posted by evandrus

I am Mixed Fleet cabin crew and I love it!Smile
I don't feel that I am a slave at all and compared to my last job... this is refreshing and pure bliss. Regarding the salary, I knew what I was going to be paid when I applied for the position and to be frank, what I earn or choose to earn is my decision and although some people may feel that we are under paid, over worked etc., these are their feelings... not mine!

BA is a great company to work for and sometimes people don't realise that this is the case...

I am also MF crew & feel exactly the same way as you Evandrus SmileSmileSmile

Jump to Top
Marie Bond
#12  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 16:03
I am glad that some of you are enjoying MF I guess I am shocked that BA would pay this disgraceful salaries when the company is doing quite well and it gives its directors large pay rises and shares bonuses. I do not know how previous crew were paid but this is worth than any other airlines salaries I have come across. Josh258 which company did you use to fly with?
         Jump to Top
BA4eva
#13  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 16:58
I think that there are some that are on MF who are happy.

The truth is that different people have different expectations, the real test will be to see what those crew think of it in 6 months time?

There is little doubt there is a huge amount leaving very quickly, perhaps these are crew who have come from other airlines or those who find they just don't find reality of being crew is what they expected.

I have to say I am suprised by the turnover as BA cabin crew on First Fleet, before MF had low turnover.

Still this high turnover is what the company wanted.
Edited 11/02/2011 @ 16:59 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
user23985
#14  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 19:31
Afraid figures wrong, not a high turnover (much as some would love to see) confirmed by manager and from personal experience/questioning fellow MF crew. I have come across three so far in fleets infancy, two because of impossible commute from places like Nottingham, and the other one, disappeared.... And it was pointed out aim is NOT high turnover, which you can see from backgrounds of current experienced crew and those online. Not the gap year brigade as some have alluded to. Sorry to widdle on bonfires! X
         Jump to Top
The Yeti
#15  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 22:36
Habbibi
    unfortunatley you dont have a clue about turnover rates.aim is a three year turnover....from the horse mouth...if you so wish
         Jump to Top
redmark
#16  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 22:44

Originally posted by The Yeti

Habbibi
    unfortunatley you dont have a clue about turnover rates.aim is a three year turnover....from the horse mouth...if you so wish

Yeti

I think Habbibi was pointing out that the claims that significant numbers of MF cabin crew were leaving already were false. I agree that based on the package on offer, I cannot see vast numbers of cabin crew staying in that role for substantial periods of time. I can see people joiing BA as cabin crew as a way of getting a foothold in the company and then moving onto other areas. Equally I can see the role being atttractive to people who maybe left college, fancied the opportunity to see a bit of the world and wanted a job that gave them experience in customer service and hospitality as a starting point. The days of sticking in one job for life have long gone.
The views expressed are mine and in no way reflect those of any employer past, present or future.

Be alert... this country need lerts
         Jump to Top
The Yeti
#17  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 22:51
Ok but do you think that someone fresh out of training has really a clue about turnover rates
         Jump to Top
The Yeti
#18  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 22:53
Habbibi
      the last thing your managers are going to tell you is that there is a high turnover rate...think about it
         Jump to Top
Resident
#19  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 22:56
Equally the last thing legacy crew are going to hear about is turnover rates in MF, so everybodys guessing and the BASSA crowd are spreading rumours. Unless someone here is close to a manpower manager for Mixed Fleet then I doubt they have a clue about turnover, and whether it is above or below BAs target rate. And I doubt they'd be told even if they were close to such a person!
RIP BASSA & CC89. A tawdry sell out to end it all.

My posts represent my views and not those of my employer.
The Burke Group is watching you.
         Jump to Top
ally
#20  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 11/02/2011 at 23:01
Hey Resident, thanks for putting mention of the Burke Group on your tag-line!  I was worried that people would forget about it but each time they read one of your 'interesting' posts you keep the issue live!
You are supporting my warning each and every time you post...

Thanks very much for that, I couldn't have done better myself  xx
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >