Search
Latest Posts
- easyJet staff travel needed
- MAN 2020 application
- Assessments, interviews & start dates
- Qatar Open Day London
- Experienced Crew Assessment Day
- November 4th start date
- Awaiting Candidate Documents (Qatar Airways)
- 2020 Recruitment
- 2019 Qatar Waiting timeline
- Aer Lingus Online Assessment Help

Mixed Fleet Contract

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Marie Bond    On:  Tue 8th February, 2011 at 23:54
Marie Bond
#1  Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 08/02/2011 at 23:54
I am shocked! I have just received a copy of the Mixed Fleet contract from BA. I cannot believe it. You can be based anywhere worldwide and asked to relocate at your own cost at anytime. You work 900 hrs flying + 1100 on the ground. You can be asked to work for any company associated with BA were BA has a minimum fo 20% stake in them or they have a 20% in BA. You can be asked to work for a third party company on a tempory or permanent basis. Clause 12 stipulates that if there is a reduction in work load due to commercial downfalls you can be laid off. Yes you will be sent home without pay!!!!! If they only need you some of the time you will be paid pro rota! This is scandalous! All this for £11000 per year and £1.96 per flying hour, it makes me sick! Have these managers done the work themselves? Judging by some exemples of rosters that have been published on this Forum it is SLAVERY! I will not accept this offer. I believe BA will not retain it reputation by treating its staff that way. This is purely awful! READ YOUR CONTRACT before you sign it! Good Luck!
         Jump to Top
ally
#2  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 00:26
Thanks for that Marie - it's exactly as I have been saying on this forum for the past couple of weeks and have been so castigated by some with an extremely vested interest (ie Managers and members of the mis-information 'Burke' group).

The truth of MF is in the post above in black and white - read it all you poor innocents who think that by joining BA you are joining a blue chip company that values their staff, you couldn't be more wrong.  They don't give a XXXX about you as an individual or your welfare.  As any present cabin crew member will tell you - you are only a staff number in BA, not a person.

Look and digest the details given by Marie Bond - and then you'll realise why MF stands for Martini Fleet - any place, any time, anywhere.

Now perhaps you can see what BASSA is fighting against?  Don't listen to the prigs who post on here who have another agenda, listen to those on the inside (or close to it..) who know the truth.

If you sign up for MF chances are you'll be looking for an escape within a few months of working 125 duty hours for take home pay well below £1000 - and it's very cold out there in the job market so think twice before giving up a decent job to join the basket case that BA has become under it's present basket-case management.
         Jump to Top
bagsy2ndbreak
United Kingdom
#3  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 01:34
Surprised to see there's no originality going around. Martini fleet was used as the slang description of the Mid Fleet for those of us old enough to remember all those moons ago!
         Jump to Top
Resident
#4  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 02:06
If it makes you sick then don't sign the contract. Simples. There are people out there who are willing too and you have no right to stop them.
RIP BASSA & CC89. A tawdry sell out to end it all.

My posts represent my views and not those of my employer.
The Burke Group is watching you.
         Jump to Top
xjmc
United Kingdom
#5  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 08:35

Originally posted by bagsy2ndbreak

Surprised to see there's no originality going around. Martini fleet was used as the slang description of the Mid Fleet for those of us old enough to remember all those moons ago!
Look what happened to Mid Fleet after it was launched as being the future! Just like MF, which cannot be sustained in its current form. Just a matter of time.
         Jump to Top
user3055
#6  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 09:08
Its a bog standard contract of employment which would come as no surprise to anyone working outside of the legacy fleets at BA and in any other industry. lets discuss clause 12, it's 7 days notice to take unpaid leave in the event of a downfall in business. Speak to those crew who got made REDUNDANT from Virgin the other year... that may have been a handy option for them in their contract. Alas.. BA have never made compulsory redundancies and always achieved unpaid leave voluntarily. As for being relocated... I know not of any plans for BA to shut down its operations at LHR. Thinking about it then I don't really see a time it would be used. Theres also a clause in the contract that to receive maternity pay you must be able to attend work in some form whilst you can't fly.. but again find me a company that doesn't expect you to contribute till your maternity leave starts.. We've heard all these posts before. It's nothing new
Edited 09/02/2011 @ 09:27 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
user23985
#7  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 09:48
Posts like this are utterly pathetic, people can read, don't like contract don't sign. Thats if you were genuine. Don't log on and pretend to be an "appaulled" candidate. To clarify we have it from horses mouth at MF, we shan't be redeployed sweeping T5 as these union mutters would have you believe. Redeployment clauses are pretty standard too been in most of my previous contracts, again highly unlikely to be used, think Heathrow is going to be around for some time to come!? Average take home pay ranges from around £980 - £1500 after tax for most junior of crew not taking into consideration bonus payments. Slavery? Not quite. Remember some people on here have agendas and desperately want to see the demise of MF as they see it as threat to their current status quo.
         Jump to Top
evandrus
United Kingdom
#8  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 10:32
I am Mixed Fleet cabin crew and I love it!Smile
I don't feel that I am a slave at all and compared to my last job... this is refreshing and pure bliss. Regarding the salary, I knew what I was going to be paid when I applied for the position and to be frank, what I earn or choose to earn is my decision and although some people may feel that we are under paid, over worked etc., these are their feelings... not mine!

BA is a great company to work for and sometimes people don't realise that this is the case...
         Jump to Top
user33999
#9  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 10:56

Originally posted by evandrus

I am Mixed Fleet cabin crew and I love it!Smile
I don't feel that I am a slave at all and compared to my last job... this is refreshing and pure bliss. Regarding the salary, I knew what I was going to be paid when I applied for the position and to be frank, what I earn or choose to earn is my decision and although some people may feel that we are under paid, over worked etc., these are their feelings... not mine!

BA is a great company to work for and sometimes people don't realise that this is the case...

LOVE YOUR POST, Heart
evandrusTongueStar

Edited 09/02/2011 @ 10:59 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
flying-tart
#10  Re: Mixed Fleet Contract  Posted 09/02/2011 at 15:26
[QUOTE=xjmc]

Originally posted by bagsy2ndbreak

Look what happened to Mid Fleet after it was launched as being the future! Just like MF, which cannot be sustained in its current form. Just a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

Midfleet was saddled with Union regulations and practices which made practically everything unworkable.

Mixed Fleet management seem to have carte blanche to do what they like.

There's a big difference.

Maybe you're right though - maybe Mixed Fleet will not last.  Maybe it will just disappear down a big hole in the gents toilets at the CRC.

Sleepy
         Jump to Top
Next >