profile image
Neogalleyhateaccount
Middle Eastern Lifestyle
profile image
Neogalleyhateaccount
Emirates / Etihad / Qatar crew: what’s it really like living in the Middle East?

Online research can only tell so much.

Is it generally quite nice? Are the other crew friendly? Etc

I previously worked for a British carrier and am weighing up my options with the Middle Easterns
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
It can be a culture shock, you might love it or hate it.... It's different for everyone. Qatar is much stricter than Etihad/Emirates in terms of working for a Middle Eastern airline. Standard of living is usually quite good with accommodation, transport etc. paid for and it can be quite a nice lifestyle. Crews are generally friendly, but like everywhere there will always be the odd one... Research is good and maybe a few crew members here might give their opinion. I would say to be aware of the rules of the country and follow those and you'll be just fine. I love the Middle east personally for quality of life but it doesn't suit everyone!
profile image
cabincrewattendant
Hey,

You have to keep in mind that these 3 Airlines have differences.
Emirates/Etihad are not so strict, but you still need to follow their rules as it is muslim country. So for example if you are girl, non-family guy friends can not stay at your place over night.
On the other side Qatar is more strict, you have to be home during the night, you have to be home 11 hours before the flight at home (they do call you on your home phone) and etc.

Other collegues can be nice and not pleasant to work with, but I think every job has this dinamic, so nothing new. But in general you would find many friends, as every single one is in the same boat as you.

When you get used to this life style it is pretty good, but you have to keep in mind that it is not going to same life you lived Europe.

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.11k 2 months ago
6 1.11k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.18k 1 year ago
8 8.18k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Regional Airline Operators For those who are operating regional services
10  67.47k 4 years ago
10 67.47k 4 years ago by user16937
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.1k 9 months ago
266 595.1k 9 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.63k 1 year ago
31 372.63k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.77k 11 months ago
64 248.77k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe