profile image
meriem2100
medical check emirates
profile image
meriem2100
hi all of you,

my DOJ is june 13th,i need to do the medical stuff and apload them online, i would like to know what are the vaccination and medical exams that i must do in my homecountry. if i did them all here, do i have to redo them again once arriving in dubai or they will only check the doctors repports and that's it !!
Please help!!!!
profile image
user16937
Hi Meriem,

Any medical reports that you have you'd need to bring to Dubai but there will be another medical anyway. That's what we were told. The vaccination certificate needs to be signed by your doctor confirming what vaccinations you have. Yellow fever vaccine is mandatory and the rest I think you can get later.

So basically the medical checks will be done again to make sure I believe.

Cheers!
profile image
meriem2100
Thank you for your answer Bob
how long does it take to get your Final approval?
profile image
user16937
Meriem,

Usually just a couple of days.
profile image
koukou
So guys this is SO IMPORTANT and I really need your help
First I'm from Egypt and I wanted to be a flight attendant. I applied for a company in Egypt and I got accepted but I failed the medical test of the ministry of civil aviation where I have to take my medical certificate. They first told me that I have mitral valve prolapse and mitral regurgitation. I asked to do the tests again, and I did, they found the same results but they asked me to do a stress test and a holter monitor for 24 hours. I did and I went to them with the results, they told me your stress test is normal but there's something wrong with the holter's results, they found an AV block 2nd degree and they gave me a final "unfit" :(
I went to a lot of doctors, and they all told me that I don't have any problem and my heart is in a good health, and my tests results are just occasionally caused by stress or coffee
But now I can't be a flight attendant in Egypt because of laws. So my question is can I be a flight attendant at emirates or qatar or anywhere else with my condition?? I don't have any symptoms or any difficulties accomplishing any kind of activities, so if you can help me with any information I'd be more than grateful.
profile image
QR_Candidate
Hi,

First of all joining any ME airline while having health problems is not a good idea. Even if one will pass the medicals and start flying, the affects will start to appear and you gonna end up resigning otherwise dead. Let’s put this aside since I think we all agree.

Second of all I think you stand better chances with Qatar Airways. The Qatar Aviation Authority medical examinations consist of a detailed blood test, chest X-ray and all sort of drugs testing. The Qatar Airways medical exam consists of a 1 day examination processes conducted at the Qatar Airways Medical Center, you gonna do a blood test, chest X-ray, spine X-ray, teeth X-ray, drug testing, eye exam, hearing exam, physical exam by a general doctor, bones exam and a quick psychological exam with a doctor.

Examine the tests I just mentioned and try to see if you can make it and afterwards be fit to fly on a daily basis.

Best of luck!
profile image
KingBaltazar
Hi QR_Candidate

I want to ask you a question about the hearing exam, hopefully you can give me some info.

I'm in the process to become a new CC with Qatar and they asked me a hearing exam (because I declared I had a minimum hearing problem in one ear) the result of the exam, was in fact, that I had a low-moderate hearing loss in the right ear only when hearing low-pitched sounds. So I was wondering, if by any chance, you know if this can be a problem or I can be accepted since its not a major thing?

Thanks in advance.
profile image
AviationDreamer
Deleted post

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.1k 2 months ago
6 1.1k 2 months ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.18k 1 year ago
8 8.18k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.76k 11 months ago
64 248.76k 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.09k 9 months ago
266 595.09k 9 months ago by KL17
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.3k 1 year ago
162 634.3k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.62k 1 year ago
31 372.62k 1 year ago by Charles Carter