profile image
Poppy16
Jet2 roster and MAN
profile image
Poppy16
Hi guys.

I'm due to take a telephone interview for Jet2 at MAN..
I'm wondering if I could ask some questions of current crew?!

- Are there any layovers at all or is it only ta's?
- if you have a few years recent past cc experience, (aka 3 years in the ME), is it likely to get a promotion to cabin senior at MAN base?? If you're seasonal crew??

Thanks in advance if anyone can get back to me!

Ps sorry if this has been asked before!
X
profile image
muvro
Re No layovers unless divert which is quite rare, previous experience not always that good as jet 2 although like experience they prefer new crew as they are fresh without previous traits and attitude..Promotion takes time however when new bases opened it was very quick as staffing levels and sccm positions were require to be filled quickly and many staff were lucky enough to get 100%contracts following relocation from different bases, staff levels are now to a good level.
profile image
Poppy16
Thanks so much for your reply. are the crew all like super young then? I'm 29 ;/
profile image
Boeinggirl88
Jet2 do appreciate crew with experience, as long as they are adaptable to our ethos and working ethic. crew that have come from other airlines do climb the chain of command quite quickly, especially if they have been a SCCM before for another airline.

Recruitment for SCCM is usually done between Oct-Dec so chances are you will have had to have done at least one season with us. I was a temp crew member when i applied and was successful a few years ago, so it doesn't stop you from going for it and being successful.

I like to think we work incredibly hard, barely stop, eat lunch whilst setting up trolleys for services. We work on minimum crew on all flights, and there is always something to do. Extra drinks or services, toilets to sort out, clearing in etc. I think some that have come from other airlines have had a bit of a shock that we don't eat a proper breakfast before commencing the first service. If this sounds like something you'd be excited to do then go for it! we all have good days and bad days regardless of which airline you work for :)
profile image
Nicola03
Hi everyone just a quicky i am due to start my training in April, fly in may with all going well. Can't wait to get started as this will be my first cabin crew job. I just wondered if anyone had a copy of their last seasonal rosta just so it will give me a brief outline of days flying etc. I have kids and any pre planning and telling family what I maybe doing will come in handy. Thanks in advance. See some of you very soon. Happy flying and enjoy every minute. Xxx
profile image
djrobbiedoran
Jet 2 do alot of charter work in the winter, if you work hard in the summer and get extended or permenant you can get rewarded.

Other discussions going on within Jet2

Recruitment?
15  6.86k 1 year ago
15 6.86k 1 year ago by Ankit Kumar
Experienced Cabin Crew - STN Hi guys!i applied for the role of experienced Cabi...
0  273 -
0 273 -
STN experienced crew Hey guys, I applied and was invited to an intervie...
1  343 11 months ago
1 343 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
STN Provisional Training Date...
0  4.38k -
0 4.38k -
Cc Bristol 2021
22  14.34k 3 years ago
22 14.34k 3 years ago by flyingguy1

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 month ago
718 4k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 8 months ago
40 6k 8 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.98k 8 months ago
266 594.98k 8 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.58k 1 year ago
31 372.58k 1 year ago by Charles Carter
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.37k 1 year ago
93 408.37k 1 year ago by David_Hume