profile image
annie28
Jet2 Newcastle Recruitment
profile image
annie28
Hi.... can anyone please tell me if/when Jet2 will be recruiting Cabin Crew for Newcastle for 2019 season. All the other bases seem to be advertised on 'Jet2 Careers' apart from Newcastle. Also, if anyone could help me with a few queries I have I would really appreciate it.....

I know you have to pay for training, but whilst training do you get any salary?
Do many crew get kept on over Winter at Newcastle?
Are there any other costs involved?

Thank you so much
profile image
user16937
Hi,

I flew for a season with Jet2 so can answer a few of your questions. It's £700 for the training which must be paid within 10 days of being offered a position with the company. My training was held in the new training facility in Leeds of which there is a nice hotel literally a 10 minute walk which most trainees seemed to stay at. You may book the entire 4 week stay at the hotel for around £600 but the vast majority of people share as I did so I paid £300. You also pay £25 for you CRB check and I paid £125 for my medical.

My contract started in March and ended in November although due to my performance during the season I was kept on although I had decided to leave at that point. My instinct is as long as you perform well during the season and there is the demand during the winter season then you will be kept on.
profile image
annie28
Thank you for your reply, it has been really helpful
profile image
Emma Louise Brown
At the roadshow they said they were unable to open recruitment at Newcastle as they were unsure how many crew they would need - still waiting for the current crew on a seasonal contract to tell them if they'd like to come back next year. It might open later but don't rely on that and don't hesitate to apply to another base was the take home message.

You don't get paid during the 4 week training which costs £700. Medical can cost up to £180 depending on where you get it done. Contracts end start of November (no matter what the start date is).
profile image
user16937
Very welcome!

If I can be of anymore help please don't hesitate to ask

Other discussions going on within Jet2

Recruitment?
15  6.9k 1 year ago
15 6.9k 1 year ago by Ankit Kumar
Experienced Cabin Crew - STN Hi guys!i applied for the role of experienced Cabi...
0  274 -
0 274 -
STN experienced crew Hey guys, I applied and was invited to an intervie...
1  344 11 months ago
1 344 11 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe
STN Provisional Training Date...
0  4.38k -
0 4.38k -
Cc Bristol 2021
22  14.35k 3 years ago
22 14.35k 3 years ago by flyingguy1

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.33k 9 months ago
266 595.33k 9 months ago by KL17
Middle East Airlines Forum Emirates, Gulf, Etihad, Qatar.......
718  4k 1 week ago
718 4k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Thomson Airways Thomson Airways including First Choice
93  408.55k 1 year ago
93 408.55k 1 year ago by David_Hume
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.46k 1 year ago
162 634.46k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle