profile image
Robert394
Is this Emirates application link?
profile image
Robert394
hello everyone
I am super confused i saw this link on twitter:

https://tas-ekgcareers.taleo.net/careersection/ek_invitationexternalcs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800001Q

people were saying they were applying to the cabin crew position.
is this true,,,,, did Emirates really open their recruitment? can someone confirm this to me plz
profile image
Nishajojo
Hey Robert394
No I don't think the link is for everyone.Its specifically for those who were on hold before EK froze their recruitments.These people received congratulatory mails for their applications succeeding to the next step which is VI(Video Interviews) and I believe they were also sent the link(which you've posted) on their mail to attach relevant requested documents.
Emirates haven't yet officially put up the Cabin crew job vacancies on their website,so that's why..I think the ones who were On Hold are being given first priority.Even if you look on their career site and search for the cabin crew vacancies,it will bring u zero results.
So problem is, following the link and applying if they haven't directly mailed u,is a risk coz if ur application doesn't go through ,means you'll have to wait for 6months again to reapply.
I suggest u wait for them to put it up on their career site,then u can apply from there just like everyone else is waiting.I understand its all confusing.
That's my opinion though ,from what I understand.
Thanks.
profile image
melimeli
Hi! This situation is really confusing for all of us but I decided to apply anyway. I signed in my profile and submitted a cover letter, cv, photos and passport copy. This is a 9 step application form, you fill in information about yourself, education, work experience ect.
I think if this job posting was active only for on hold candidates EK should had stated it was only for that group of people but I was given the impression everyone can apply. I think they are going to prioritize all applicants from 2016 BUT they won`t reject new people.
At the end of the day they need many new crew .
I got an auto generated response from them and it says " We will review your application and if shortlisted we will get back to you."
It`s confusing but give it a try :)
profile image
spanishgirl
I heard others applied as well and got the same message you got melimeli. Update us if you hear any news from them or have any status changes
profile image
ssyorkieyorkss
Hi! Do they ask for your casual photos when you applied online?
profile image
melimeli
For sure I will let you know what is going to happen guys I have been waiting for EK since forever ....About the photos I just uploaded those 2 standart business attire full body and passport size photos. It was not mentioned to attach any casual ones.
profile image
Desert_Hostie
The clue is in the link.... "invitation"....

If you were not invited (ie sent the link by EK) then I doubt it was meant for you.

IF they have vacancies for those not already in the pool, it would be on their own recruiting website.

Some well-meaning idiot in said pool has shared the link on a forum somewhere and everyone has run with it.

I'm afraid you'll be wasting your time at the least and at the worst have taken yourselves out of the running for 6 months if in fact they do start recruiting again.

I get that it's exciting and you want to apply but for goodness' sake use some sense as well.

it's going to look super desperate to the HR when people who are not in the pool have used an invite only link to submit applications.

Then again, EK themselves are desperate so maybe I'm wrong and they won't care, in which case, good luck
profile image
melimeli
Well if I was member of their HR team and I see an applicant who is using every oportunity to apply I would take that person as highly motivated and not desperate in a bad way. About this clue in the link I did not see it at first. Whatever happens happens.
profile image
EK14
What if Emirates won't open new cabin crew vacancies until 6 moths from now ?
So if i used this link and applied and got rejected i am losing nothing
Also, the link ask you to fill all the information from the beginning, it does not look like a next stage step in selection process
I understand that it is not official link available to everyone on the website but I think it is not bad to try and apply through it
profile image
australia2018
Good luck to all of us I applied too melimeli We never know where this could lead us At least we can try

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.23k 2 years ago
4 2.23k 2 years ago by david kane
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  7.57k 1 year ago
8 7.57k 1 year ago by su xeko
Emirates mental health medical...
8  2.9k 1 month ago
8 2.9k 1 month ago by anniesteuber
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
6  1.03k 1 month ago
6 1.03k 1 month ago by sayeed shazz
Emirates HR contact email addr...
29  43.01k 1 month ago
29 43.01k 1 month ago by Jovitamaketa280

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  594.82k 8 months ago
266 594.82k 8 months ago by KL17
FLYBE News and Views from those at Flybe
27  193.69k 2 years ago
27 193.69k 2 years ago by juankax
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.12k 1 year ago
162 634.12k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.34k 11 months ago
39 427.34k 11 months ago by Aaron
Jet2 All posts relating to Jet2
64  248.52k 10 months ago
64 248.52k 10 months ago by Andrew E. Briscoe