- General Info and questions about Mixed Fleet

Is this a sackable offence?

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  Senior Crew    On:  Sat 17th November, 2012 at 18:32
user36721
#12  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 18/11/2012 at 18:12
In reply to post #11...
I wouldn't be so bold as to recommend anyone do anything.

Personally, I would need to know much much more than a unions own publicity and promises. I'd want firm evidence that the union can (and have) deliver(ed) what they claim.

I'd also want to know what, if any, affiliations the union might have.

I'd be checking out how they have behaved and performed in the past, including in any disputes, and researching what they have ultimately delivered (or not delivered) to their members, and at what cost(s).

I'd want to read their constitution and rule book, and be certain that I would easily be able to access their accounts.

In short, I wouldn't part with any money before feeling that I had a true understanding of what a union does, how it functions, how it compares to other unions and what I might pay if I were to source similar facilities individually, if/when required.

In effect, I'd be as cautious and questioning as when looking for a trades person to undertake work on my house.

I would also be sure to read-up fully and ask questions on my employers policies, procedures and processes.
         Jump to Top
blondebarbie
#13  Flightdeck photos  Posted 27/03/2018 at 20:46
Hi

My friend came with me on a trip and I took her photo I’m the flight deck before take off.
I stupidly put it on social media and now I am worried I will be reported and what will happen if I do?I haven’t been in the job long so don’t want to ask any of my colleagues in case I drop myself in it.

Thanks
         Jump to Top
A54Y
United Kingdom
#14  Re: Flightdeck photos  Posted 27/03/2018 at 20:55
In reply to post #13...
It depends on BA's policy.

Firstly I would suggest you remove the picture.
As the picture was taken on the ground you haven't endangered the flight.

There are many pictures of people on the flight deck of various airlines on social media. Some of these have actually been taken by the pilots.

If you asked for the pilot's permission it shouldn't be an issue but if the picture 'brings the company in to disrepute' you may be in for a rough ride.

Remove it now!

Remember, Nil illegitimi carborundum!
         Jump to Top
< Prev