- New Start Cabin Crew Information?

Is this a sackable offence?

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Senior Crew    On:  Sat 17th November, 2012 at 18:32
Senior Crew
United Kingdom
#1  Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 17/11/2012 at 18:32
http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/11/17/david-beckham-complains-about-being-hassled-by-ba-cabin-crew/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl9%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D137477

I came across this article yesterday.
It had been doing the rounds in CRC, however I am not one to listen to rumours or should I say crewmours.
When I joined, there was never such nonsense, why would anyone take a picture of a celebrity asleep in First Class?
So much for recruiting an 'over enthisiastic' bunch of crew. Perhaps, the training should be looked at. On my part, I have always defended Mixed Fleet crew but not this time.
Discuss......
         Jump to Top
user46635
#2  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 17/11/2012 at 19:16
In reply to post #1...
IMHO this was the action of immature young crew. Not a sackable offence. Just a stern warning would suffice.
         Jump to Top
two ton
#3  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 17/11/2012 at 19:23
In reply to post #2...
Funny how on a day when Bassa need to bury some bad news this overly exaggerated article appears about an old alleged mixed fleet incident. I'm not 100% convinced it happened after mixed fleet took over the route.

Curious
         Jump to Top
Senior Crew
United Kingdom
#5  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 17/11/2012 at 20:16
In reply to post #3...
[QUOTE=two ton]Funny how on a day when Bassa need to bury some bad news this overly exaggerated article appears about an old alleged mixed fleet incident. I'm not 100% convinced it happened after mixed fleet took over the route.

Curious [/QUOTE]

Not at all, two ton.
I have not been a member of BASSA for 10 years and have no intention of rejoining, EVER!
I only came across the article today and was rather stunned.
It was definitely Mixed Fleet as they then went ahead and posted it on Facebook!
For your information, I have some very good friends on Mixed Fleet who happened to have confirmed it.
Edited 18/11/2012 @ 00:58 Revision #2
         Jump to Top
bulletbahrain
United Kingdom
#6  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 17/11/2012 at 23:31
In reply to post #5...
This just goes to show that the crew working in First need to be properly trained and more importantly EXPERIENCED.
         Jump to Top
Senior Crew
United Kingdom
#7  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 18/11/2012 at 00:53
In reply to post #6...

Originally posted by bulletbahrain

This just goes to show that the crew working in First need to be properly trained and more importantly EXPERIENCED.

I totally agree with you.
The article is now in every national newspaper including flyertalk and does BA crew a disservice.
         Jump to Top
user36721
#8  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 18/11/2012 at 08:01
In reply to post #7...
Although exact details are a little uncertain, this seems to be a clear case of an employee stepping out of line.

Things like this are highly likely to result in an employee becoming subject to some kind of company disciplinary procedure.

In which case, since so much is made of the supposed protection offered by union membership, what if anything, do people here think a union would be able to do in such a situation.
Edited 18/11/2012 @ 08:04 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Bar_Steward
#9  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 18/11/2012 at 10:39
In reply to post #8...
A Union could do nothing in a case such as this except ensure that the company disciplinary policies and procedures are followed.

Experienced Union reps would more than likely have been in a number of previous disciplinaries and would be able to give relevant advice.

The employee(s) in question are bang to rights and should face the music
Edited 18/11/2012 @ 10:40 Revision #1

Jump to Top
Happy2debate
#10  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 18/11/2012 at 15:35
In reply to post #1...

Originally posted by Senior Crew

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/11/17/david-beckham-complains-about-being-hassled-by-ba-cabin-crew/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl9%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D137477

I came across this article yesterday.
It had been doing the rounds in CRC, however I am not one to listen to rumours or should I say crewmours.
When I joined, there was never such nonsense, why would anyone take a picture of a celebrity asleep in First Class?
So much for recruiting an 'over enthisiastic' bunch of crew. Perhaps, the training should be looked at. On my part, I have always defended Mixed Fleet crew but not this time.
Discuss......

Sheer caught up in the moment stupidity from immature crew in first class.......immature is regardless of age and so called experience BTW. I beleive you have to be working at BA for around 15 years in other cabins before you are even considered ffirst class. You are no more experienced in first class than a new entrant who has training in first class.

The crew concerned undoubtably should be given a talking too re future conduct but according to the article BA has already done that.......

The CSM and FTCSM's on board need a little more because they alledgedly allowed this too take place......if you believe the Sun's version of events that is

Back in the real world........this is not sackable??? Well actually it could be if you have less than two years service and are in any way seen as a "problem" to the company.

And up will step the union (assuming membership) who, I hate to say, will do no more than BS states regardless of subs paid.They will hold your hand at disciplinery nothing more.

Will they give you legal support at tribunal?? Only if you meet certain criteria and that is regardless of length of membership.

As has been said by another on here think long and hard before signing up and look at what your union can do for you regardless if you are a new joiner or a re joiner
Edited 18/11/2012 @ 15:39 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Little minx
#11  Re: Is this a sackable offence?  Posted 18/11/2012 at 16:22
In reply to post #10...
Joining a union in general is a good thing.

I would recommend that M/F do join Unite which is a good union.

Joining Unite is not the same as joining BASSA. BASSA is just a branch of Unite and they are not representing Mixed Fleet crew. The reps for Mixed Fleet will be Mixed Fleet crew.
         Jump to Top
Next >