profile image
user16937
Interview experience with Ryanair
profile image
user16937
Good afternoon, I was thinking that sharing my experience could be useful for someone and I decided to write a post here.
A few days ago I have been to an assessment day held by Crewlink, a branch of Ryanair that focuses in CC hiring, training and employment. Basically it lasted for about 8 hours since there has been a delay and it started after the arranged time. At first there's a registration procedure that consists in checking whether or not the candidates have their required documents and are not below the age of 18. After that there has been a brief introduction about the airline and why they hire people using a sister company (because the airline itself has loads of things to do according to them), following that there has been a very easy (but very selective) English test that included writing a 12 lines long text about a topic they asked (BEWARE: you have to carefully read the question and avoid leaving the topic they ask otherwise you fail even if your level of English is pretty good) and a 10 multiple choice exercise where one has to select the right word out of four that complete a sentence; the test will be checked beginning from the second part that has to have at least 7 out of 10 correct answers otherwise you will fail the test (and the text will be neglected). After that there has been a one hour long presentation about the working conditions of a CC (salary ranges between 900 and 1400 euros, max 900 yearly hours of flying, you must be willing to relocate to wherever they want and you can ask for a base (airport) transfer after a year of service, the uniform has to be paid 30€/month for the first year and 400€ will be given back on the second year, and so on and so forth). During the final CC day the one-to-one interview will be held (the interviewer has been the same person that made the presentation in my case), it lasts theoretically for more or less 15 minutes and only people who successfully completed the English test can go through it (60% of people passed on that day). There has just been one question to which you have to provide a "complex" answer which is "Why do you want to be a cabin crew?" and other minor questions have been "Are you able to swim?", "Are you willing to start the training on the [date/month/location]?". Overall my experience has been positive, I hope this helped you and if you have any other questions feel free to send me a private message.
profile image
risty
thank you for sharing you experience.
profile image
risty
*yours
profile image
user16937
You're welcome, have a nice day
profile image
avfreak
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I´m ex cabin crew
I am a little put off with Ryanair because I am unable to relocate to other than 3 base choices...
profile image
Lpoolfly
Today I had an interview with RyanAir.... it was really successful until they asked me if I have any visible tattoos. I told them I have two! One on my back and the other on my wrist which can be mostly covered with a watch and not seeable in a long
Sleeved shirt. They asked to see the tattoo and told me I could not fly with them and sent me home. I was successful in all areas but turned away because of my tattoo.... so unfair. Do other airlines have the same policy? Coz I really want to experience life as cabin crew.
profile image
Cabin Crew Consultant
Yes, all airlines follow the same policy - no visible tattoos. If the one on your back is not visible and the one on your wrist is fully covered by a watch you may have a chance with some airlines but if you really wish to become cabin crew it may be worth considering tattoo removal.
profile image
missSaudades
I did also my AD for Ryanair last month, was the same....exactly the same as your.

I did very good on the test, and on the interview.....even the recruiter told me to get the missing douments already, so when they send me the email with the confirmation i'll have it.
But.....unfortunately the email said i didn't pass....untill now i'm trying to understand what happened.

Just a tip...keep calm in the AD, Is easy, just keep calm and everything will be fine!

good luck for all!
profile image
user16937
Hi, the only airline i know which allows tattoos is Small Planet Airlines. You are allowed them as long as not on face or neck. Try them.
profile image
Adchar
Hi newbie , i just received in invitation from ryanair ...
I want just to ask u if u remember the questions of that english test
Thank u

Other discussions going on within Interviews

How long after did you receive...
1  3.78k 1 year ago
1 3.78k 1 year ago by Aman AlMethalya
Cabin crew How to apply
0  71 -
0 71 -
Norwegian Dublin base
18  4.5k 4 months ago
18 4.5k 4 months ago by Rachid Anssari
Wizz air video interview
6  7.54k 3 years ago
6 7.54k 3 years ago by apopa4
Interview cracking tips
2  3.89k 1 year ago
2 3.89k 1 year ago by Ibtesam Abdullah

Other topics for Cabin Crew

Current Cabin Crew Jobs For all announcements relating to cabin crew jobs
126  958.88k 2 months ago
126 958.88k 2 months ago by Emad Omda
Wannabe Cabin Crew For those just starting out!
113  543.28k 1 year ago
113 543.28k 1 year ago by Sarah McMillan
Emirates Cabin Crew Apply 2022 Still waiting for the first interview and been wee...
11  7.12k 1 year ago
11 7.12k 1 year ago by RA26
Experienced Cabin Crew For the Veterans!
57  183.39k 7 months ago
57 183.39k 7 months ago by annaliona
Postpone Emirates DOJ Will Emirates accept to postpone my DOJ ? by how m...
1  625 -
1 625 -