Post a reply
Add a new Topic
Search the Forums
Search
Latest Posts
- LHR Accommodation for BA Trainee Cabin Crew
- Qatar Airways Luggage Allowance for trainees.
- Rejoining Qatar Airways for EX QR Crew
- 12th Feb Manchester assessment day!Ryan Air bases?
- Procius Reference
- emirates cabin crew
- LBA training 30th January 2020
- Assessment day outcome
- Horley Double Room
- Emirates

How to survive an assessment day!!!!

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  steve zodiac    On:  Tue 12th November, 2013 at 16:15
Annabella19
United Kingdom
#42  Re: Thomson Airways assessment day !! luton !!  Posted 03/12/2014 at 23:25
In reply to post #41...
Hiyaaaa yes I am all ready for Saturday are you :)
been revising and preparing like crazy
should be really good :)

x
         Jump to Top
saulyte
United Kingdom
#43  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 08/12/2014 at 18:10
In reply to post #1...
Hey Thomson crew wannabes! :)

I will not give you all of the information, because I simply believe that everyone should be treated equally and would think for themselves. It will be much better to gain experience yourself than getting things on your plate, ready. I will give you my opinion on what's important. Sooooo....

Prepare! Get your traveling sorted so you would be there early. Not on time. Early. Show them that you are punctual. It doesn't even matter if they'll start the AD late. It's better to wit and chat with someone than rush into the room half way through the presentation. It is very important for cabin crew to be on time.
Bring everything what they've asked you to! Copies of documents, CALCULATOR! There was this lady at my AD who got furious that they did not let her use her phone to do the maths test. We've received an email AND a phone call. We've been informed twice and to get mad about it.. I mean.. Who's fault is that? It just shows how unprofessional she was. Maybe even disrespectful. I think.
Chat and mingle with everyone. As a cabin crew, you have to be a bubbly, friendly, approachable person. A big no no is to sit there with an annoyed bitch's face and be quite. Obviously use common sense. Don't talk over someone, be polite and listen. Simply be a nice person.
Don't be scared to chat with the recruiters, show them that you are confident to speak with anyone in your team despite of their occupation and job title.
Another thing that for me was a bit too sweet was when people were asked to tell something about them, and they've started to ramble about customer service and job and score some extra points. Yes, it is important to show them that you're passionate about customer service and all that jazz, BUT you need to listen to the question. If you've been asked to tell something about you, be honest and tell them something about yourself. There will be plenty of time to show your passion and enthusiasm at role-plays and interview. Be wise, be you. Don't fake it. It will nor impress people. Especially recruiters who know and can tell when someone speaks up their, sorry, bum.
Presentation. Imagine that you're on a flight yourself and think about what would attract your attention to buy the product you're offering. Think about it as an announcement that they do onboard. Short, simple and to the point. If you're not sure, try to watch some adds, commercials, read some slogans. Look for inspiration.
Read everything that's on the papers that you will be given. It is very important to pay attention to detail. That especially goes to maths test. I will writhe about it later.
When working in groups, don't forget to be polite and friendly. As I said before, be a nice person, don't talk over someone, listen. If someone's being quiet, ask: (Name) what do you think? (name) do you agree?
If you don't disagree with something, which is totally fine, just say: Yes, I understand where you're coming from, BUT..... Yes, I like your idea, BUT..
If you offer something or all of you are about to make a decision, ask your group: so, is everyone ok if we....? We all agree on...? Be polite, friendly and encourage people to express their opinion.
Maths test. CALCULATOR!!!! It is not hard at all. Just read and pay attention. If you're not confident about currency exchange, practice now. The exercises were really simple. All you need to do is read, think and that's it. Read, read, read.
After that you'll have your break and they will tell you who got through.
After that it's your time to shine and show your experience. You will have 2 role-plays. Just put a show and impress the recruiters. Be creative, be yourself. I don't want to say exactly what you'll have to do, but it's nor something difficult. Just youse your head. Always put yourself into cabin crew's or customer's shoes and think what you would do in their position.
Interview was nothing unbearable as well. Typical interview questions asking you to give examples. Don't try to say what you would do. They need you to tell them what you've done already. Use your experience to give examples.
And that's about it :)
Don't forget to be yourself and simply have fun. Remember that recruiters are there to help you to get the job, not to drag you down. Make a day of it, meet new people, and find new friends! All the best peeps.
Hopefully we'll see each other very soon!
         Jump to Top
jem6643
Groupie
United Kingdom
#44  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 09/12/2014 at 12:34
In reply to post #43...
Hey,

Thanks for posting, that is so helpful and really informative! I have my AD next Wednesday... soooo nervous!!!!
Best of luck hun x
         Jump to Top
saulyte
United Kingdom
#45  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 09/12/2014 at 12:56
In reply to post #44...
I know the feeling lol
And now I'm really nervous while waiting for my call.. Sooooo nerve wrecking!!! haha
Just noticed how many mistakes I've made in my post.. Oh well, you got my point haha
Don't stress too much, the recruiters are really nice people, they make it fun and cheerful, so no need to get all worried..Plus you will have +-20 people who are in the same position as you. All the best sweet xx
         Jump to Top
erob1
#46  Re: How to survive an assessment day!!!!  Posted 16/12/2014 at 15:28
Hi guys,
Ive just received an email to say my application was successful and ive been placed into a holding pool. Does anyone know how long this tends to lasy?
Thanks!
         Jump to Top
sreddy
#47  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 31/01/2015 at 08:33
In reply to post #1...
Can anyone shed light on how they presented there 30 seconds promotion speeches for there chosen products? X
         Jump to Top
Vesper12
#48  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 26/02/2015 at 13:51
In reply to post #1...
Hi
Can you help me to get some information about maths test, any other examples? How it looks in general? I am really scared that i am gonna failed because i am useless at maths.

Sorry for doing your head but i really would like to get some more information about it.
         Jump to Top
Quastie1
#49  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 03/09/2015 at 11:56
In reply to post #43...
Thank you for that helpful information!

When you mentioned calculator, do they ask you to convert GBPs into Euros, etc? Because I am originally from the States and not used to the conversions LOL.

Also, are you currently Cabin Crew for Thomson? How often do you work? And what are their bases? I can't seem to find that information on their website :(
         Jump to Top
EmilyKemp
United Kingdom
#50  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 03/11/2015 at 08:23
In reply to post #1...
Thank you so much for your helpful information and guidance

I have an assessment day for Thomson literally this time next week!

I was unaware that you actually have a test on what you know about the company which is worrying me slightly so thank you for the heads up.

I understand it would be unfair to ask what questions are asked but I would simply like to know the format of the test if possible?

Thank you in advance :)
         Jump to Top
bexcatherine28
United Kingdom
#51  Re: HOW TO SURVIVE AN ASSESSMENT DAY!!!!  Posted 12/11/2015 at 10:59
In reply to post #50...
Thank you so much for these posts about how to get through the assessment day. Mine isn't until the 10th December but your advice has settled the early nerves! Very excited.

Bex
         Jump to Top
< Prev Next >